Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bottom Bracket Issues
  • stocker7385
    Free Member

Hi I am having trouble installing the right bottom bracket cup onto my frame. After a couple of turns by hand when screwing it in it becomes very tight. Never experienced this before and the left hand cup goes on with ease. Any idea why this might be? Or where I should begin to solve the problem?
    Thank you

wwaswas

probably get the threads cleaned out at your lbs – could just be some crap in there. Alternative is that the previous BB cup was cross threaeed on the way in I guess – was it easy to get out?

stocker7385
    Free Member

It is on a frame I brought. On closer inspection there is some crap in the thread. Can I just use some citrus degreaser and some rags etc to get it out then regrease when I put the bottom bracket back in?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try cleaning it. You can run something round the threads to clean them out as well – a pin to pick out dirt prehaps. be careful not to damage the metal.

Your LBS should be able to run a tap thru it if the thread is damaged

stocker7385
    Free Member

Cheers,

I will try cleaning it first.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Toothbrush or suede brush plus some de-greaser will get most of the crud out.

rondo101
    Free Member

+1 toothbrush & degreaser. Just make sure you rinse all the degreaser out before re-greasing the threads.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bottom Bracket Issues’ is closed to new replies.