• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bottom bolt in pikes non drive side leaking and keeps turning!
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Found the leak by chance. Tried to tighten it up but I think I overdid it. Not I can’t get the bolt out.. It’s loose to turn but it keeps turning. Grey oil and bits of aluminium are starting to appear too!

Is this a job for a shop? Or Loco?

jakd95
    Free Member

If you have a decent lbs try that first perhaps? Sounds a little knackered unfortunately, I did a similar thing with some Fox 36s and snapped the bolt off the bottom of one of the legs by over-tightening it. It needed a new Talas cartridge which wasn’t cheap. You might need the internals replacing on that leg? I’m not 100% what Pikes are like internally.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Oh ekk

LoCo
    Free Member

32 or 35mm pike and which spring system does it have?

danjthomas
    Free Member

35mm stancions. Rct3 Solo air.

trusty

I had this happen with mine. They eventually went back to Fisher and were replaced under warranty

danjthomas
    Free Member

I’ve changed the or shaft to 160mm. I hope that doesn’t effect the warranty. Also the rebound adjust dial is frozen now.. May be because there is a bitter edge from me trying to strip things apart!

Loco. What’s your turn around time this coming week or so?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Dan,
    can do stuff this week coming, stud sounds like it’s rotating in the leg possibly. Happy to have a look at them for you and deal with warranty return if applicable too.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Loco..

Cheers.. They’re an Evans purchase 22 months ago. Ill sort out shipping them to you tomorrow. Do I fill your online form in and ship as per your we sight instructions?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Dan, yes please and I’ll mail you to confirm everything. Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bottom bolt in pikes non drive side leaking and keeps turning!’ is closed to new replies.