Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Boston Bombing arrest
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    nealglover
    Free Member

Fishermen traditionally think its unlucky to have a woman on board a boat.

Sounds like she started that superstition ! 😉

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The way things are going at the moment, there seems to be a burgeoning boat theme

Northwind

I hear Gazza’s just arrived with a fishing rod

coolhandluke
    Free Member

wonder what NORAID contributors are thinking now

My thoughts exactly, whilst I think the bombings are dreadful, I can avoid the irony as Boston being one of the places that provided substantial funds to the IRA.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

On the lucky theme I was also reading about a chap who went over the finish line at the marathon moments before the first explosion and was also driving close to the fertilizer plant in Texas when it went up. Another lucky sausage.

Sounds more like another suspect to me…..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

coolhandluke – Member

wonder what NORAID contributors are thinking now

My thoughts exactly, whilst I think the bombings are dreadful, I can avoid the irony as Boston being one of the places that provided substantial funds to the IRA.

Get some perspective! This is completely different, Ireland was all about a major world power invading another country in pursuit of economic gains, without international mandate and people died on a daily basis under the punitive and callous regime. No wonder they fought back in any way they could. Oh, hang on a minute…..

I did try to discuss this in a sensible fashion with some American Irish when I was over there a few years ago – they had no concept of the human cost of their donations to the IRA and didn’t seem to be open to hearing a contrary point of view. I understand from the friends we were staying with that the crowd we met have switched allegiance to the dissident IRA faction that is carrying on its campaign.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Boston Bombing arrest’ is closed to new replies.