• This topic has 31 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by otsdr.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bos Seville 160 RTC 27:5 in BLACK
  • hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Hi trying desperately to locate some of these for my new nomad cc build black on black ,can anyone help ,or know who has stock of these I’ve tried ubyk and trendz who advertise stock but only hold the white ones grrrr ,someone must have a pair ….. Thanks

mactheknife

Try Jungle, they are the importer and seem to have every pair under the sun in stock.

scaredypants

you are googling Deville, aren’t you ?

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Sorry use Google deville tried jungle last pair sold six months ago and bos no longer doing black they said ,so it’s a case of tracking a pair down

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Mad Elk cycles in Ireland?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ll sell you some used ones if you want them that badly 🙂

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Mad elk showing stock and letting me check out a pair online ,hopefully this is true ,I’ll call them first thing in the morning and confirm thanks for the serch lads cheers hope it ends here

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I didn’t even have to search, I am BOS when it comes to knowing where quality kit is located. 8)

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Thanks hob nob for offer of sale tho but I really want new

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve also been after a set of these in black, was put off when I found out they’re only in white this year. I hope that mad elk do have them for you, although when I’ve been ringing round various places looking for a set, it unfortunately seems to be that most shops tend to just get them from jungle on demand rather than holding the stock. But hope I’m wrong

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Yep that’s been the case so far ,I only live 10 mins from jungle ,santacruz UK ,stiff cycles ,Hence I need to look further afield, failing this I’ll have to go back to plan b with some fox 36 160 but there not as sweet as bos

bruneep

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/bos-deville-160mm-tapered-trc-26inch-fork/9246

Think there is no difference in 26 & 27.5 My 26″ also fits 27.5″

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep that’s been the case so far ,I only live 10 mins from jungle ,santacruz UK ,stiff cycles ,Hence I need to look further afield, failing this I’ll have to go back to plan b with some fox 36 160 but there not as sweet as bos

Debatable, I would argue my 36 is better than the Deville.

Deville suffers from creaky crown (common fault) the 20mm axle is crap & the clearance for 650b is a joke. I’m 99% sure it’s the same lower leg as 26″. It’s almost unusable in the mud. Performance is near on equal between the two & the 36 is lighter.

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Interesting review anyone else with feedback ,re the fox 36 160s seems there’s two types or is it 2015 and 2016 graphics and axle fitment I’ll be using hope hub and 20mm axle ,
    Problems with the bos crown are a worry if they no longer make what I’m buying new now ,if it goes wrong how are they going to put it right etc ……..

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 sets of Devilles, both 20mm and have had no problems with the axle. Mine are 26 though, cant comment on the 27.5 version, maybe they’ve changed something?

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

Deville suffers from creaky crown (common fault) the 20mm axle is crap & the clearance for 650b is a joke. I’m 99% sure it’s the same lower leg as 26″

Lower is the same, aye – they ust announced a new “650 specific” one.

Would prefer the Deville axle to the five bolts on the 36 – never had hassle with it.

Keep me informed if you’re selling, btw….unless they have a creaky crown and ropey axle…. 🙂

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Told me at stiff that the offset is different between the 26 and the 27:5 is this the lower legs or the crown there on about ??

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Well unfortunately mad elk had no stock either,so the serch continues for the black bos deville 160 TRC s

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

arghhh balls.

sprockets cycles may be worth an ask, great guys, where I got my Devilles from.

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll give them I try ,getting to the point of giving up lol mad elk said all the new deville shocks are coming out dec 2015 so might wait ,

otsdr
    Free Member

It’s at 1-3 days on r2-bike, might be worth asking them about it.

enigmas
    Free Member

Maybe wait a little while until the 2016 models? (FCV from the Idylle, new castings and black stanchions)

MrNice
    Free Member

is it just me, or does that bike look very, very wrong? feels like looking at the aftermath of a horrible crash where some poor sod’s foot is pointing the wrong way and I want to hurl

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Pikes and Lyriks are black!

jk1980
    Free Member

Enigmas – is that correct that the 2016s are going to be black? Ubyk or whatever they’re called told me that the 2016 was white only for 650b 160mm. That would appear to be wrong looking at the picture you’ve posted…

zero-cool
    Free Member

I was under the impression that the 650b/27.5 Devilles had a different offset to the 26 ones.

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Well bit the bulit today took the lovely but (white) devilles back to the shop and orderd some fox fit4 2016 170mm 20 mm axles ,here on weds ,thanks ever so much for everyone’s help in the serch for some black devilles but alas I think there all gone now ,and December is a lot of rides away to wait for there new ones ,,lease I don’t have to worry about creaky crowns and shit axles lol ,cheers for now

orena45

MrNice – Member
    is it just me, or does that bike look very, very wrong? feels like looking at the aftermath of a horrible crash where some poor sod’s foot is pointing the wrong way and I want to hurl

Yep, it’s just you 😉

(currently waiting for mine to be shipped)

RickDraper
    Free Member

fox fit4 2016 170mm 20 mm axles

I assume you went for the RC2 equipped fork and not the Fit 4 as the Fit 4 only comes in 160mm max travel and has a 15mm QR axle.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Haven’t experienced the creaky crown syndrome yet plus what anymore than RS fps.

As for shite axles, you obviously have never had a set of Bos forks to try then. 🙄

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Would prefer the Deville axle to the five bolts on the 36 – never had hassle with it.

Keep me informed if you’re selling, btw….unless they have a creaky crown and ropey axle….

I would do too, if it stayed done up. Every set of devilles I’ve had have a cunning ability of undoing themselves, unless you crank it up so tight it’s almost impossible to remove.

These don’t have a creaky crown, they were warranties for a set that did 😉

They will be for sale, but not for another couple of months until we come back from Whistler.

otsdr
    Free Member

Which part were you “cranking up”, the axle or the QR bit? The QR is supposed to keep the axle from undoing, if it doesn’t do its job I suppose you could add some friction paste between the axle and the clamping “dropout”.

The elusive black Deville is still listed at 1-3 days… https://r2-bike.com/BOS-Suspensionfork-275-650B-Deville-160-mm-QR20-TRC-tapered-coloured

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bos Seville 160 RTC 27:5 in BLACK’ is closed to new replies.