Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Boring Road!!
  • wilburt
    Free Member

On a club ride today this great fat storm trooper type comes out of a gap in the hedge row causing the group to swerve and starts shouting “Boring Road” “Boring Road” …on and on. I mean wtf, its not like people on bikes have so many friends they can start shouting at each other and most of the group he was shouting at has in the past or still does either compete in XC stuff or has ridden trails centres and wild routes across the country and this chump is cycling across a farmers feild in Sufflok!

Is this the kind of tribal zombie **** cycling is now attracting?

TheSanityAssassin

A farmer’s field in Suffolk?
    Rad to the power sick.

DezB
    Free Member

Typical mountainbiker eh.

nairnster
    Free Member

cookeaa

I’d say the fella you encountered is more the exception than the rule… That sort of shite went out of fashion a while ago really, even the PB forum has a roadie section now…

wilburt
    Free Member

Apologies for the rant, I’ve had alcohol calmed now.

Ta 🙂

ads678

great fat storm trooper type

🙄 You’re so cool 🙄

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Are you in Oregon?

Something is up with my browser, clicking the image icon returns me to my home page.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/media/images/61117000/jpg/_61117471_dull_and_boring_road_sign.jpg

tthew

Why didn’t you stop and ask him what his beef was? Think I would have.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Bell and indeed end. Obviously shredding the gnarr….

kerley
    Free Member

Maybe he was just letting you know that the road you were on was a particularly dull road to ride on and advising the use of an alternative route with roads of more interest?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

???
    Some people are dicks
    Some people ride bikes
    Sometimes people who are dicks ride bikes

Cycling isn’t some magic place where only nice people are allowed.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve had some similar drivel come out of a roadies mouth on a recent long hill climb on mountain bike, two roadies came out of side street and on seeing us, started making noises similar to that fox, that wakes you up at 3am 😯 They clearly weren’t happy we were climbing a large hill on a mtb, thats all I could take from it 😆

adsh
    Free Member

There are nobs on both sides just as in every walk of life.
    On a recent surrey hills ride I had the temerity to join the road in front of Dulwich Paragon. A short while later they had to overtake me. Oh the awfulness.

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t get the tribal antipathy towards Paragon… I rode with them until a few years ago and there was nothing about them (or me) which suggested they were anything except your usual mix of people who loved riding bikes…

imnotverygood

On a recent surrey hills ride I had the temerity to join the road in front of Dulwich Paragon. A short while later they had to overtake me. Oh the awfulness.

Hmmmmm. How did this awfulness manifest itself?

Sandwich

Brooess, have a look at the Dunwich Dynamo Facebook page. Every year Paragon riders manage to upset others on the road to the coast. Every year someone from the committee says “we have this in hand” and guess what, the next year there is no change. Chain gangs are fine, social riding is fine, but fast moving groups that make no allowance for other riders that may not be as proficient on narrow country roads in the dark are just dicks on bikes.

Dulwich Paragon seem to send all theirs out on the Dynamo every year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Boring Road!!’ is closed to new replies.