Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Boring Jobs
  • franksinatra

I often get bored at work (IT) but I take comfort form knowing that there are plenty of people out there with REALLY boring jobs. So come on, who has got/had the most boring job.

For we once met a guy in the good ol' USA who drove a bus up a long pier, did a three point turn and dropped off and picked up passengers, drove back, 3 point turn, passengers, three point turn……You get the idea

Junkyard
    Free Member

worked in an art gallery stand there for hours doing nothing occasionally tell people not to touch stuff. Highlight is making up answers about what it all means to pr1cksarty types

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Worked in a mail order factory for carp fishing bait doing the packing. And I don't fish.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have done a variety of boring temporary nursing jobs – as well as interesting ones.

the most boring? collecting data for a research project into morphine skin patches.

I was left all night in a room with 20 blokes sleeping and every 1/h hr had to count their breathing rate. Each one had to be done on a specific minute so- person 1 – on the hour – count for 30 seconds then write down the number, 1 min past the hour – count person 2 for 30 seconds write down – and so on. This took 21 mins in every 1/2 hr then the process repeated. all night long, 5 nights a week for 6 wks until I was out of my skull with tedium. Only 9 mins an hour off – so no time to read a book. No one to talk to, dead silence apart from snoring and farting.

Mind numbing

jonb
    Free Member

Later this week I will be watching paint dry. Seriously.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I'm an accountant.

jam-bo

i did an summer job once that involved taking a piece of cardboard from one pile, placing in a machine that punched holes in it, and placing it on another pile.

after a couple of days of tedium I got paid about half of what I was due because apparently i was still 'in training'.

i walked. i'm guessing most did..

lammy
    Free Member

I think the Lift Attendent in the TV Tower in East Berlin. Up and Down in the lift all day long!

Its not my job though. I watch paint dry – literally sometimes!!

vinnyeh

Letter opening for one of the building society flotations. Using a paper opener to open two sides of the envelope. We weren't allowed to take anything out of the envelopes – that was the privilege of another group. 10-12 hour days for a couple of months.

An ex-colleague put jam in donuts as a job while he was at university

jonb
    Free Member

I did spend a summer unloading mattresses from lorries and stacking them in a warehouse. I also worked for the AQA checking that the marks were added up correctly on exam papers.

fontmoss
    Free Member

An ex-colleague put jam in donuts as a job while he was at university

He should have asked for the other job- filling tarts with cream 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Boring Jobs’ is closed to new replies.