Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boring – Finding out who owns a Lake
  • Houns

There are a few ponds and lakes around where I live, there is one particularly pretty/scenic one that I would like to have a picnic beside (planning something romantic for my gf’s birthday). It has a bridleway at one end of it but there is no where there to sit, the rest of the lake is fenced off as private fishing (there is a path all the way around it)
    There are no contact numbers on the signs, I’ve google searched the name of the fishery but it doesn’t bring anything up.
    I’d ideally like to get permission off the owner to go onto their land. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any anglers there so I couldn’t ask them.. Is it worth just trespassing and dealing with the rollocking if we are found?

jam-bo

find out who own the land and they’ll probably own the lake too.

land registry have a handy map thingy that you can point and click with and it’ll tell you who owns what.

Houns

Cheers jam bo, there are a handful of huage houses and a farm near it so i’ll assume it one of those that own it

nickc

yes, deal with it if the “bollocking” arises. You’re only trespassing if you go onto the land with the intent to damage it, taking the GF on a cheap date in the hope of some Al fresco action comes under an entirely different piece of legislation… 🙂

Houns

He he 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

Outdoors is the best 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boring – Finding out who owns a Lake’ is closed to new replies.