Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boring car insurance question
  • Hareydan
    Free Member

My SO has several years no claims bonus from when she had her own car, but sold it a couple of years ago. As my insurance is due for renewal soon I thought I'd look for a company that protected her no claims as well, which she'll lose soon otherwise. I thought there were a couple of companies out there that did this but I'm having no luck finding them. Does such a thing exist? Anybody recommend any companies? Cheers

dalesboyz
    Free Member

they are all good… at takeing large amonts off money off you 👿

(£2600 for a year in a 1.2 punto)

smurf
    Free Member

Most insurance companies will take into account previous no claims bonus but if your SO hasn't driven for a couple of years you might find that some or all of the NCB will be discounted.

If she's a named driver on your policy then some insurance companies would count that time towards NCB e.g. if she had no NCB, was on your policy for 2 years, there were no claimns for 2 years, then some companies would consider her to have 2 years NCB

Smurf

findo_gask
    Free Member

Direct Line give NCB for named drivers I'm pretty sure.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Direct line will, but given that she still has her NCB then just alternate the insurance between the two of you.
    Simples 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

I lost four years no claims because I didn't insure a car afterwards and was working away.

Now I get shafted on insurance like a 17 year old again because I have no insurance history.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boring car insurance question’ is closed to new replies.