Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Borgen…
  • Kryton57

Anyone else watching this? It’s brilliant IMO.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, it really is! We don’t normally watch English language stuff like this but MrsGuru and I agree that it’s fantastic.

righog
    Free Member

I looked for it on sky, but stopped at Notting Hill, cause I am soft as Sh1te.

How do you watch it BTW ?

Kryton57

BBC4 Saturdays.

gordimhor

It’s the best programme since the wire

drlex
    Free Member

Compelling stuff; wish I’d seen season one first, though.

Kryton57

I’m going to watch s1 retrospectively.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, really enjoying it!
    Apart from the great acting, I love the fact that all of Denmark’s political hot potatoes seem to be identical to those of the UK.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Borgan’s compelling and strangely human too – but coming after the final Killing, it’s almost an anti-climax.

What we’re really waiting for in our house is the 2nd series of the Bridge. Saga Noren – what an amazing anti-heroine. A tall blonde female autistic in leather strides, she almost makes Sarah Lund seem suburban.

Danish TV rocks!

dantsw13

Yep, it’s everything shite British reality tv isn’t. We are loving it, and the bridge was great too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yep, it’s everything shite British reality tv isn’t. We are loving it, and the bridge was great too.

In the same way something like Line of Duty is everything shite Danish reality tv isn’t.

Borgen is very good, but lets compare like with like.

Philby

Yes – enjoying all the Scandinavian TV programmes and films – Killing, Borgen, The Bridge, Wallander, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Headhunters etc

What we’re really waiting for in our house is the 2nd series of the Bridge. Saga Noren – what an amazing anti-heroine. A tall blonde female autistic in leather strides, she almost makes Sarah Lund seem suburban.

Danish TV rocks! +lots

British TV producers could learn a few lessons, as much of the UK produced stuff on our screens is crap.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not to come across as an apologist for UK broadcasting output, but don’t forget we get the very best of the Danish TV output. I am sure if the other 90% was shown over here it would be just as shite as the filler we have on out screens.

Cougar

much of the UK produced stuff on our screens is crap.

FTFY.

You can’t cherry-pick a handful of programmes and hold them up as representative of two entire nations’ TV output, and then draw any sort of meaningful conclusion.

Anyone can play that game. Look at the BBC’s Africa, much better than Sven’s Supermårket Sweep.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m missing the NFL highlights.

ononeorange

We have just finished the first series of The Killing on DVD – very absorbing if a little wobbly on plot in places. I took advantage of the HMV sale yesterday and bought The Bridge and watched the first episode last night…..excellent. (And as above, Saga Noren…..Crikey!).

stever
    Free Member

I read that what we get from Denmark is more or less their entire output. They make one or two really well written and produced series a year.
    Obviously there’s the news and that, and maybe a few other programs 🙂

Blackhound

Borgen / Bridge / The Killing / Wallander are all excellent but I bet they get their own Big Brother rubbish etc as well.

What always throws me is when an occasional bit of British dialogue comes up. I am still looking for the sub-titles and wondering why they have disappeared!

Jamie
    Free Member

I read that what we get from Denmark is more or less their entire output. They make one or two really well written and produced series a year.

If that’s the case, I hope Gay Army will be on BBC4 soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Danish_reality_television_series

stevious

Not much to add to this thread øther than my appreciation øf the use of the letter å above by ?ö?gãr

drlex
    Free Member

🙂
    “A møøse once bit my sïster…”

{makes note to get over to HMV and rifle through DVDs}

ebygomm
    Free Member

I watched* a program at Christmas that sounded similar to the one Katrine was going to present in Borgen, reuniting people. That was the only Danish thing i saw, rest was stuff like river cottage, frozen planet.

*I say watched, but i don’t understand Danish

jwt
    Free Member

No spoilers please! I have four Borgen HD episodes sat on my HDD waiting for a quiet Sunday morning.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

any of you watch/see Night Shift– icelandic comedy set in an all night shell garage– its a must !

mtbfix

I really enjoyed the first series but not got as far as episode 3 of this run. Does it improve. I have lost interest in the emotional relationships of the 4 principles. Do I need to get onto the iplayer and persevere?

Edukator
    Free Member

I saw the series in German a yerar or so ago and enjoyed it in a sterile skandinavian sort of way. You have to admit the characters are terribly dull and ernest. However, the intrigue is well managed and the plot vaguely plausible which is a huge advance on many British or American series..

One of the nice things about continental TV is that you get more variety. All the best (worst) of anglo-saxon TV (Dr House, Les experts de Manhatten, the Voice… .) and the best and worst of Euro TV too. I mainly watch French and German channels and will admit the bad is really bad, but pick and choose and on most nights there’s something a lot more watchable than on UK TV. The UK daytime choice of house/DIY/auction/antiques show or Jerremy Kyle has no chance against Sturm der Liebe which is slush of the highest art.

We have some British favourites but sometimes prefer watching them in French. Barnaby is a stuck up, knob of a cop in English but quite charming when dubbed into French. Poireau is high pitched in French and the dubbing actor is French rather than Belgian.

Kryton57

Do you have a point or did you just fancy a ramble? 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

There’s too much snow for a ramble and if I had a point you know where I’d stick it. 😉

Kryton57

😀

Kryton57

Hmm, that was good.

But what now? 😐

dantsw13

We have Ripper Street on Sky+, and Game of Thrones series 3 starts soon!

oddjob
    Free Member

Danish reality TV is every bit as sh1te as any other kind.

They seem to make 1 or 2 good series per year and the whole country watches. The killing was really good, I am finding borgen much harder to get interested in.

There was a good comedy called Lykke a year or so ago that didn’t seem to make it overseas, maybe the humour was too danish.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

glad thats finished, became disinterested in the thing, but like an annoying book you have started, you have to finish….

the good news is a new series of Spiral starts 9pm sat !! 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nikolaj og Julie was OK for Danish trash, although like Swedish dramas the pool of actors to choose from is quite small, so the same faces keep reappearing in different roles again and again

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Borgen…’ is closed to new replies.