Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • border dispute with neighbours
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

i rent, so awaiting my landlords input….. but

I have (had) a very thick and high hedge at the bottom border of my garden.

It Provided complete privacy and security.

My new neighbour has thinned this to such an extent it is now see through and probably will fall over with the next gust of wind.

My dog now barks incessantly at the children/next door neighbours dog as they can almost touch now.

I have boarded it up as best as i can, but where does my landlord stand as the border is not clearly owned (the side two are clearly defined on the deeds), the end one not so clear.

Surely he has some legal right to sue if he is forced to replace a boundary by the idiot trimming of this inc3essantly whistling maniac blackand decker biatch?

Further more she has now decided to burn all the still wet trimmings and has filled my house and garden with thick smoke…..

my missus has nasty chest conditions and is struggling….. can you have random garden bonfires?

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and breath…….cough

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I would say that in the case of trees and shrubs, neighbours can trim anything that overhangs their garden so long as they give the trimmings back to the owner of the shrub / tree. As for thick dense bushes on a border that is unclear as to the rightful ownership then it is up to your landlord to persue if he should decide to. As for the fires, contact your local council and ask what bylaws cover this.

higgo
    Free Member

It depends whether the hedge was on or on your side of the boundary. If it was on the boundary your neighbour has every right to trim the hedge on his side.

Control your dog if it is now barking incessantly at the neighbour's children.

uplink
    Free Member

You almost certainly won't be able to sort this to everyone's liking
    Just put up some of that coconut screening stuff if privacy bothers you

BTW – it would be very unlikely for it to be blown away in the wind

Dobbo

He can only legally cut up to the boarder, if height is a problem he can use a calculation to work out the max permitted height then has to go through the right channels to get you to reduce it. IIRC

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Further more she has now decided to burn all the still wet trimmings and has filled my house and garden with thick smoke…..

I'd wander over with a hosepipe……

chakaping
    Free Member

No good will come of this, do what uplink says and forget about it asap.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just plant a few leylandii, job's a good un 🙂

nickc

See that advert for fencing, ring them up, get them to put a fence up.

Sorted.

Hedgehog
    Free Member

as higgo. if its on your side of the line and does not overhang then its trespassing. on the line then its over hanging. ref to you landlord. he may be very interested. I was.

been through this before, I planted a hedge a metre back from the end border on my garden, approved by neighbour. border line marked as his on the plans etc.

new neighbour moves in, I came home to no hedge and a 6 foot fence 1.5 metres back my side of the border, my side of the original hedge.

very politely explained and pointed out the border line. he got upset after shelling out for the fence. Council involved and he had to move it back to his side of the line and payup for the hedge and damage etc

dave360

Crazy thought, but have you considered talking to your neighbour. You know, with words.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Buy a big sack of budgie food (the stuff with just mixed seeds in it)

Lob a handful into their garden every evening for a few months

Watch them going mad pulling out all the random weeds that keep appearing

Or talk to them

robdob
    Free Member

As far as the burning goes, you are allowed to burn green waste in your garden. If it causes a significant nuisance then environmental health could be called but if it's only a short term thing it's unlikely to come to anything.

Hadge
    Free Member

Is there a maximum height the next doors neighbours hedge/trees can be? My next doors Leylandii must be way way over 8 feet tall and the grass that side never dries out and is constantly covered in moss. I think I will contact the council see what my rights are then have a word with them if they need trimming.

uplink
    Free Member

2m IIRC

timdrayton
    Free Member

all sorted now, i set my python on her cat.

in its feeing frenzy it also took the offending neighbour with it, did i mention she was also a bnp member who had a particular issue with floral tributes?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘border dispute with neighbours’ is closed to new replies.