• This topic has 198 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)
  • Booooooooooo
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Close the thread by all means but don’t delete it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah. Delete it.

On a side note it’s nice to see the mods take requests 🙄

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

i assume this is in reaction to the pole dancing nurse thread.

There was nothing explicit or erotic about that video. The censorship on this site has gone way too far.

wwaswas

It did tend to invite the ‘wrong sort’ of comment though which was probably why it went – trying to police that sort of thread must be a nightmare.

Stoner
    Free Member

at least there was no swearing in the video….unlike the vids on the front page of the site 🙄

ton

then ban the person making inapropriate posts on the thread

flatfish
    Free Member

which was why i suggested close it but don’t delete it.

backhander
    Free Member

What is going on?
    A little extreme isn’t it?

Stoner
    Free Member

Wont somebody think of the children!?!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Moderation has gone stupid in the last week or so.

Hmmmm – I wonder if some company is looking to buy this site by any chance? Or if sponsors/advertisers are being told how whiter than white STW is?

No no of course not.

derek_starship
    Free Member

And now my thread has been deleted.

I articulate an opinion and zap.

Rubbish.

iDave
    Free Member

will Mark’s twitter account be policed – lots of (funny) swearing in those… ends up on my FB page, my kids could see the same kind of swearing freely permitted on mumsnet…. 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ahem – and the swearing in the printed mag….

Kit
    Free Member

Well, they’ve done nothing about this thread which surprises me:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/this-weeks-mini-movies-on-the-homepage

And they’ve still got the sweary vids on the homepage, which I complained about as double-standards to the mods, but they’ve not bothered to get back to me or do anything about it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I get the reasoning for moderated language (I don’t agree with moderating it personally), but there was nothing wrong with that video. You’d see more flesh on show watching ‘strictly come dancing’ or athletics/swimming/gymnastics.

Kuco

I thought it was a well shot video of a very dedicated athletic woman who was wearing just as much as any modern female athletes who appear on primetime tv.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Something is most definitely “up”

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

someone is most definitely up themselves

the-muffin-man

Are there any students free who could organise a protest outside STW headquarters!!

Wharfedale
    Free Member

The mods need to remember the forum is nothing without it’s users. We don’t have to use this forum there are others!

binners

I think the less said about what’s “up” , the better 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I thought the STW team were pretty cool.

You know what thought did…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0N4sx1ZWc[/video]

wwaswas

there are others!

Well I’m not moving to Mumsnet.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Maybe Blue Peter are planning to advertise on here?

crikey
    Free Member

Except she was doing stuff that is normally paid for by tucking cash into her knickers. Just cos its done in black and white film doesn’t make any difference.
    I’m no prude, but there is no difference between that and pole dancing in a gentlemens establishment.

retro83
    Free Member

We should move back over to evilzone.org they loved us over there

nickf
    Free Member

You’d see more flesh on show watching ‘strictly come dancing’ or athletics/swimming/gymnastics.

The test is whether I’d feel embarrassed watching it with my daughter, or mother in law. I’m not at all sure that I would be.

The pole-dancing video, that is. I’d be massively red-faced if anyone caught me watching Strictly B*******

robdob
    Free Member

I really don’t understand why people need to swear on this forum. Why are you so bothered? Can you not express yourself without swearing? Grow up.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who made the inappropriate comments then?

Kits pointed out those vids already.
    Fabien was being homophobic in another video on the front page recently… 😯

wwaswas

retro83 – they liked us so much they all decamped over to here for a bit to be with us 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m all for a bit of thought policing so I’ve reported this thread and ask that all users be banned for between 24 and 72 hours dependent on who I like the most 🙂

Pook

I really don’t understand why people need to swear on this forum. Why are you so bothered? Can you not express yourself without swearing? Grow u

this coming from a man who effed and blinded for two miles going up the back of edale cross on the last wintery pootle 😉

robdob
    Free Member

The mods need to remember the forum is nothing without it’s users. We don’t have to use this forum there are others!

YOU need to remember that it’s THEIR forum and they can do what they like. It isn’t a democracy, they want to run it in a particular way and I’m afraid you have to accept it. If you don’t like it then go elsewhere, maybe start your own forum?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

maybe start your own forum?

Meh.

poppa
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

maybe start your own forum?

I was just thinking about this. I’d go power mad though 😆

derek_starship
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RfK2rp2To[/video]

robdob
    Free Member

Pook, sorry you’re wrong. I haven’t said a swear word since I decided not to about 8 years ago. No need to. I might have complained and moaned but there was no swearing.

derek_starship
    Free Member

2…

binners

I ****ING WELL DEMAND MY GOD-GIVEN ****ING RIGHT TO ****ING SWEAR ROBDOB, YOU ****!!!

NOW…. **** OFF!!!

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Booooooooooo’ is closed to new replies.