Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • booking AIRBnB for July, take full payment now?
  • breninbeener

Just booking airbnb appartment in Morzine for July this year. Ive only used it once before for a one night stay. Is it normal to want 1200 up front now when my stay is in 6 months time?

dti

yes ,

we rent out our barn beudybanc with airbnb , they hold on to the money then release it to the owners on the second day of the stay. I guess its one of the reasons (as well as volume) that their commission rates are low.

breninbeener

Ok thanks. Wasnt aware of that.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

We used Airbnb last year after a bad experience with ownersdirect made me realise that site gave zero protection from dodgy owners trying it on with deposits

I liked the fact that Airbnb did an ESCROW thing and also that there was feedback ebay styley but Im pretty sure we paid an initial deposit with the full balance a month before

Whatever you have some protection so if the feedbacks OK youll be fine

Probably 🙂

BillMC

We’ve used AirBnB lots recently (Manhattan x 2, Las Palmas, Malaga, Bratislava, Tallinn, Helsinki soon and then Malaga again). It’s been completely hassle free and the hosts have been very helpful and often provide impressive welcome food and drink. I don’t like hotels much so this works for us very well indeed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘booking AIRBnB for July, take full payment now?’ is closed to new replies.