Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • bonty xr4 front and back (sorry)
  • chrisylad24
    Free Member

hi all i don’t normally ask Tyre questions thinking of buying some xr4 team issues ride varying trails from rocky welsh stuff to cannock chase and anything in between on a 26″ full susser just a bit worried they might be overkill front and back ,i run 2.1 advantages at the present and would like a bit of a change and thought these look good in 2.2 all thoughts gratefully accepted cheers …chris

bradley
    Free Member

I’m a nooby to MTB in the scheme of things and assumed bigger was better, went for a full set (front/back) of Bonty XR4 2.35s and I’m properly impressed. I’ve never lost faith in the grip of them and I ride varying trails from loose rocky stuff to hard packed dirt and chalk and they stick well IME. Perhaps 2.2s would be better for rolling resistance and stuff but just pedal harder? :p

RustySpanner

I’ve got a 2.35 on the front – it’s ace.
    Predictable, grippy, comfy, lasting well.

They do come up big, but that’s no bad thing, tbh.

Spesh Purgatory on the back makes a good combo if you fancy trying something a bit different – same designer as the ADvantage but cheaper!

On a 100mm hardtail btw.
    Overkill you say? Isn’t that a Motorhead album?

bradley
    Free Member

I’m on an 80mm spesh hardrock, apart from pedals/tyres it’s totally standard.

fizzicist
    Free Member

I run 2.35″ XR4s and they’re ace – fast rolling for a huge tyre. They come up the same size as a 2.5″ Big earl! Best tyre i’ve found.

chrisylad24
    Free Member

thanks for the quick replies think i am gonna give them a go i like the idea of a bigger tyre i have stuck with high rollers and advantages for a long time so it will be good to see what else is out there thanks again …chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘bonty xr4 front and back (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.