Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bonty Big Earl 2.35?
  • boobs

I am looking at some of these for Welsh trips and such like in tubeless form. Are they any good, Will be run on Roval wheels. Have the mud x’s on the xc bike and like them. Or should I stick with the high roller in non ust and grippy rubber and risk them coming off?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I’ve used both the normal and tubless ready version recently. The normal version of the big earl is about 100g lighter and has no hope of working tubeless as the bead is really slack on the rims.

The tubeless version was one of the easiest tubless tyres I’ve ever fitted. It was a good tight fit on the rim and inflated first time with a track pump (stans set up on a mavic 729).

A nice grippy tyre in the dry and in mud over a hard surface, but pretty useless in deep mud.

The tread on the ‘wet’ compound also wears quite fast, so if I was buying again I’d go for the ‘dry’ compound as it’s a bit harder I think

Hooter
    Free Member

I use the tubed 2.5″ tyre all year round on my main bike. I like them a lot, nice all round tyre.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    john_l
    Free Member

I use a wet tubeless one on the front of my Hustler (& Hummer before). It seems pretty good in all conditions. Very confidence inspiring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bonty Big Earl 2.35?’ is closed to new replies.