Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • bontrager tyres
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

are bontrager mud x tyres tubless only…

mrblobby
    Free Member

No, tubeless ready so can be run tubeless, but will also work fine with a tube in.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok cheers…. just that im in a fix at the mo…. i very recently put fat alberts on and altho they are fantastic for downhill..they much harder to climb with…. the tyres have made my bike extremely heavy ! lol….. they are amuch bigger tyres than im used to (26×2.35 ) as opposed to 26×2.2 mountain king were my summer tyres and 26×2.10 kenda blue groove also….
    so bigger difference in weight…..duno wot to do but they are heavy…lol

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well the bonty ones work fine with stans rims, and normal rims with tubeless kit. Don’t know if they work on UST rims though.

I’m running the 2.0 and they are relatively light and not too draggy. Seem to be the xc racers choice when it’s muddy so must be fairly quick for what they are.

ratherbeintobago

Only note of caution I have with Mud X’s is that, while they’re fine in the slop and not particularly draggy, they’re lethal on wet paving slabs of the kind found in quite a few places in E Lancs. While I know no tyre is going to be good on wet rock, they’re noticeably worse than the Fire XCs I had on before.

Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘bontrager tyres’ is closed to new replies.