Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bontrager/ Trek rant – darkside content
  • Cubed
    Free Member

Okay – so how long exactly does it take to get a new race xlite rim. So far 8 weeks and just been told it's gonna be another 2 weeks.
    Do these people not get it it? If we can't repair it why should we buy it – give us some real customer support please.
    These guys need to take a leaf out of Raphas book – bought a softshell off them – fell off damaged it – sent it back – had it repaired as new – free of charge.
    Come on guys get with it – in age when people are looking for service you would think they would have it sorted – just because you make some good bikes doesn't mean you should ignore the rest of us who want to keep what we got. Next time i'll just buy some ksyruims.

treksimon
    Free Member

I can't answer you from home but check back tomorrow morning.

snakebite
    Free Member

My LBS would take one off another new frame, or equivalent….

suppose we cant all have good LBS's….

crikey
    Free Member

Take a deep breath; it'll get sorted, I'm sure.

Try snapping a Cannondale frame in 1996, and trying to get a new one on their lifetime replacement thingy when you've no reciept and the shop went bust about 3 years earlier, and the HQ for C'dale Europe has just moved to Holland..

…Then getting a new frame and finding out the BB has been wrongly threaded, meaning a night at the LBS very very very carefully cutting new threads….

Still got the bike tho, 14 years on..

treksimon
    Free Member

Let me know which dealer you have ordered your rim with and I'll look at your back orders – we did have a shortage of 2005 – 2007 RXL rims but we've just about satisfied all our orders now.

billyboy
    Free Member

Kysurims! Better!

It's all crap! It'll all fall apart at the lip of a pothole!

Brief bit of Etymology here might help explain your predicament……………..

BON….GOOD

TRAGER…..WALKER

Kieth and his family have been using their own kit for years hence the family name.

It won't make you feel better but at least you now understand.

Cubed
    Free Member

Hi Treksimon
    I use coventry cycle centre – listed as John Atkins on the bontrager website. Any help apprecited.

Cheers!

rOcKeTdOg

it's unusual though Trek has always given excellent back up, but as Snakebite says, it depends on your LBS i suppose

halfbee
    Free Member

Ok, I'll look into it tomorrow.

fontmoss
    Free Member

to be fair if rapha made bikes they'd make Jones's look cheap

zaskar
    Free Member

The only time I've had issues is when the part is physically not in the country and 6 week shipping, otherwise pretty good.

treksimon
    Free Member

Cubed: the rim is being flown in to us over the weekend and will be with your dealer Wednesday latest.

I'm sorry for the delay, the batch of rims that arrived last week has some damage so we were not able to satisfy all our dealer back orders.

njee20
    Free Member

Kysurims! Better!

Except for the 10 month wait we had for a customer who snapped a spoke in his ES.

That's right, 10 months! At least they now have a UK service centre.

They also cost more, and weigh more. Better how?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager/ Trek rant – darkside content’ is closed to new replies.