Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bontrager Race hub
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve seen the above FS and it’s perfect for my 24H wheel build (if it’s a 130mm)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130638935386#ht_500wt_950

Qs:
    Is it light?
    Is it reliable?
    Would it be easy to turn down to 130mm if it’s a 135mm hub?

cynic-al
    Free Member

*bump*

schmiken

As it’s basically a DT Swiss hub – yes it’s reasonably light and reliable and will be in 130mm flavour.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yo Al. I’ve always had Bonty wheels of that era on my road bikes because it’s what we sold at spokes and have a fair amount of experience with ones of the same age from customer’s bikes. They are categorically gash- unreliable to the extreme and heavy. Spares are expensive and you will need them. I’d buy something else unless it’s going on one of your cutlery specials.

Also not easy to turn into 135mm but fortunately that one is a 130mm. If stays below £25/30 go for it. The freehub will go at some point in much less time than you would hope for though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Also, I think the Race is just a Formula hub not DT (the RXLs however were DT based). Don’t quote me on that, but I seem to remember hearing that last month from Trek.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers…105 for £32 from crc it is then…

and glad to distract you from thoughts of Zooey Deschanel…

munrobiker
    Free Member

The woman is away. All I want from my Friday night is a kebab, a pretty lady on the telly and a discussion about cheap 24 hole road hubs.

*is satisfied*

righty
    Free Member

IME these hubs are bombproof and last forever, the listing says it is for a racing bike so presumably it is 130.They are not so light so maybe ok for a winter build.
    It looks like it has paired spoke holes though, there is a calculation for using with a normal rim if you do a search on google
    hth

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers…if it’s not light I may as well in for a 105 which I know to be reliable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Race hub’ is closed to new replies.