Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bontrager Mustang 29 – tubeless ready
  • julzm
    Free Member

Folks
    Does anyone know if these wheels are tubeless ready as standard? They have a little sticker saying tubeless ready and a rubber blue rim strip thing inside them…..but for the life of me they will not seat as tubeless. I’ve tried everything (except a compressor as don’t have a connector for presta valves). When I did the soapy water thing, it seemed the air was coming out the spoke holes.

Can anyone help me remain sane?

oliverracing

Tubeless ready still needs tape too seal the spoke holes LINKY. The blue strip will likely just be for running tubes and in my experience is best binned upon getting the bike.

julzm
    Free Member

Yep that’s my understanding too. What confuses this is that they do have blue rubber rim strips installed. I cannot fathom how the air can actually get past these strips as they look tighter than the stans rim strips that I have on another set of wheels.

So, if anyone who actually has these wheels could help, that would be great.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Bontrager needs a plastic rim strip and valves fitting to them to make them tubeless.

Speak to your local Trek dealer

thomthumb
    Free Member

Lots of mustang rims spilt at the holes; they were very light for the width.

I threw away the plastic rim strips- gorilla tape FTW.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Mustang 29 – tubeless ready’ is closed to new replies.