Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bontrager Jones ACX 2.35"
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Anyone use these tyres? Used the 2.2" for years and found them a good all rounder.

Also, anyone know where i can buy them online? A quick google doesnt bring anything up.

khani
    Free Member

got some on a cotic soul running them tubeless and they are massive compared to a 22 nice and floaty ride but not as good as 2.2s in mud, stil roll fast in the dry though and still not heavy just watch the sidewalls in rocky stuff same as any light/big tyre

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I have some and they're similar, a good all round tyre but they drag a bit more on the flat and ups but, probably as you'd expect, floatier down hill.

I have a pair of very good condition used 2.35 tubeless ready ones you can have for a good price if you want to try them cheaply. They're a tight fit on the rim being tubeless ready, which is why I've stopped using them. Email in profile

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer mtbtomo, but im not using tubeless.

sillyoldman

2.35 is was only available TLR – now discontinued.

halfbee
    Free Member

replaced by XR4's here

crispybacon
    Free Member

I'm the same as mtbtomo as I use one up front but with a tube in – can't be ar$ed with this tubeless malarkey. I find the large volume tyre footprint upfront gives me confidence & they are great in most conditions.

I have a brand new never been used Bonti Jones ACX 26 x 2.35 for sale £15 posted if anyone is interested email in profile.

mboy
    Free Member

Excellent tyres, massive in comparison with the 2.2" version (which is more like most 2.1" tyres anyway), certainly way bigger than a 2.35" Maxxis High Roller.

They're light, they're pretty grippy, they're very predictable when they do slide, and they don't roll too badly (for their size and aggressive tread pattern) and they seem to last ok too.

Don't have any personal experience of the new XR4's yet, but they look like it could be more of the same only better (and pricier!)…

Ti29er
    Free Member

I used the 2.2 Tubeless (inner tubes are soooo last decade!).
    A cracking tyre, sadly no longer made.

snakebite
    Free Member

I fitted some XR4's Thursday….been to wet to try em yet 😳

Ti29er
    Free Member

Too wet?

snakebite
    Free Member

yeah….rain-sleet-rain-snow-sleet all week. coupled with 4 miserable as fk commutes in above weather and my eagerness to get out drifted somewhat….

maybe tomorrow…..

italspark
    Free Member

move east young man

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Jones ACX 2.35"’ is closed to new replies.