Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bontrager 29-3 29×2.25
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone know where one of these is in stock???

mboy
    Free Member

All Terrain Cycles?

If you get hold of some, be sure to let us know what they're like. Was considering a pair of them (along with loads of others) as a replacement for my mega slooooow kenda Nevegals…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

so thats your excuse is it mboy 😆

mboy
    Free Member

so thats your excuse is it mboy

One of many… 😉

At least I didn't buy into the weight/drag/lack or range argument about the Alfine hub in the end! Unlike someone else… hehehe

Anyway, bonesetter, you tried the 2.25" Maxxis Ardents at all?

martinh
    Free Member

I like my Ardents. Much faster rolling than Nevs though not as grippy in the wet.

Just ordered one of the 29×2.4 variety as I hear they're even better. 2.4 on the front and 2.25 on the back is what I'm thinking.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I have the 2.4 Ardents on my HT & FS (both rear mounted) and quite like them.

Not the last word in outright grip though, esp climbing traction and braking, but that's a nit pick.

Fast rollers, but only come up as 56mm which is the same as a RR 2.4.

tazzymtb

**** ace tyre especially when used with the little skinny team rear 2.0 jobbo that goes with it, best 29er tyre combo I've used and I've gone through lots because I've got a rubber fetish (for tyres….so no gimp pictures….. 😉 )

Chevin cycles have them in stock

bonesetter
    Free Member

All e-reports say they're really good (both sizes), so looking forward to trying one – which is on the way from Chevin 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager 29-3 29×2.25’ is closed to new replies.