Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bontrager 24/12
  • aP
    Free Member

As I’ve not been to Newnham since 93, what’s the course like?
    I’m assuming that not riding 1.9″ tyres, rigid and cantilevers will make it all round more pleasant.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again. The course ran really well and personally I preferred it to mayhem.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

The course is ace
    The event is ace

I’m entered again!

gringojimi
    Free Member

What they said.
    So much better than Mayhem. Course, atmosphere, you name it. And cheaper too!

Newnham Park is a great course in the dry. Not much fun once it gets wet though.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks, we did the first 24/12 – still have my Paul Smith jersey….
    Does it go out towards the moor? Memories of riding out from central Plymouth to the other side of Burrator then back in dropping down through the quarry.

jam-bo

Does it go out towards the moor? Memories of riding out from central Plymouth to the other side of Burrator then back in dropping down through the quarry.

I think you must have got a little lost then….

aP
    Free Member

Nope. That was the riding I used to do 20+ years ago. Last time I rode at Newnham was NPS in ’93 – only a 8 mile course.

jam-bo

Sorry thought you meant that’s where the course went…

stumpy01

I love doing the 24/12. There is a great balance of trails at the 24/12 with enough overtaking fire roads and fun singletrack sections.

There are a few decent climbs and the course stays rideable in all but the worst rain.

A few years ago the course did venture out onto a moorland secion, which was OK, but not that interesting and bloomin’ cold during night laps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager 24/12’ is closed to new replies.