Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bont shoes?
  • MSP

Anyone tried them? (that’s just Bont not Bontrager)

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/MTB/

Looking for some views, taking a size 50 my options are limited, and nothing I have tried so far really quite has the stiffness and fit I want. These look quite good, but they are pretty expensive, don’t mind paying if they work out but its an expensive experiment if they don’t.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve only heard feedback on their road shoes, which, unsurprisingly, has been very good. (Good enough for Wiggo, donchanknow)

Lake do up to size 50 as well, IIRC, and are usually pretty accommodating on size.

MSP

I have lake shoes, they are good, but I still end up with foot pain after a couple of hours hard riding.

tarquin
    Free Member

I have a pair of their entry level shoe the A-Three.

I did try Shimanos on (R87 and R133 I think) as I hadn’t planned on spending that much, the Shimano shoe tapered a little bit more towards the end while the Bont is a wider fit.

I did oven them as their instructions tell you to do on the website, it seemed to make a small difference.

Anyway, once on I don’t notice them at all which is what you want. May just be my feet, but I do the ratchet mechanism up and then the velcro straps are almost surplus to requirements, they don’t add any extra tension onto the top of the shoe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bont shoes?’ is closed to new replies.