Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Boner Golfy
  • fergal
    Free Member

How’s it running at the moment thinking of heading over on weds, wondering whether the enduro had trashed it.

gwurk
    Free Member

Enduro has ruined EVERYTHING!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

fergal
    Free Member

Yeah I know crocodile tears, just that repeat offender was a bit of a mess at the top on Friday didn’t find any flow until the bottom half, can’t be arsed with more of the same, FLatwhite is fcuked innit.

Ps. Just looking for a route over to Feed the pony, luckily the wannabes haven’t minced down that way yet.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Boner is fine.. if you are looking for manicured trails stick to GT.

fergal
    Free Member

I don’ t do slop, the bread and butter of enduroists #livingthedream.

gavstorie
    Free Member

then you are living in the wrong country and/or riding the wrong trails.

instead of expecting others to fix/maintain the trails, why not get out and do some work yourself.. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem

ehrob

Why don’t tweedlove fix trails that are used during their races (from which they are presumably turning a profit)? Perhaps they could include a trail repair fee in each rider entry in future.

Not looking to start a fight, just wondered.

This isn’t about trails being ‘manicured’ for me.

BoardinBob

Why don’t tweedlove fix trails that are used during their races

Who says they dont?

ehrob

Nobody – I have no idea if they do or don’t.

balfa
    Free Member

Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong but did Tweedlove not help to reopen New Wolf after the logging prior to the King and Queen? They also did a little work to Boner prior to the event. Over at GT they were involved in the creation of Mild Peril and other trails there.

In some ways I think formal racing at the golfie has helped legitimise the trails up there.

hedley
    Free Member

Boner was running very well during the tail end of the enduro due to the large amount of work that had been put into the trail, along with others used in the race, before the race.

I haven’t heard any reports of the trails being destroyed by the race but plenty of people saying that the work put in to them has improved them.

ehrob

Sounds good. There are a few examples of racing really taking its toll on trails right along the valley which were not subsequently repaired, so this is encouraging to hear. Good effort.

I haven’t been up the Golfy in about a month so can’t help with the current state of things I’m afraid.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Tweedlove did work on Boner and community service. They also reopened New wolf which suffered a lot of damage due to the forestry works.

SES did work on the top section of Old Skool DH and got that up and running again..

I did a few days work there last week. Opened the original run into Final Fling, Fixed parts of PlanB and Rok’n’Roll. I also did a fair bit of work on Splash and Dash’s top section. 3g also got a little bit of work done on it.

Flat white is currently being worked on.

Walk or burn is also getting some work done on it by the looks of things.

Northwind

The lines all get pretty blurry, like, the FC direct work for Tweedlove events, and the fairies built them a couple of stages, tweak and fix things, all very collaborative. Tweedlove (paid staff) do some digging off their own, Tweedlove enthusiasts and volunteers do a lot more, never really sure whether Euan is paid or not tbh or whether Scott was charging it as a Trail Perfection job or just doing it For The Love, it’s all over the place. And the FC use big events basically as an excuse to get things done or to legitimise trails, so that’s a huge benefit- when the harvesters protected flat white in the last felling that was because it’s a recognised trail due to the racing, that’s a massive benefit in terms of damage/maintenenace

And Gav does a shitload of repairing that nobody else can be arsed with, because digging trails is more fun, but he’s also been along to fairies sessions, which were also working with tweedlove, which were… you get the gist.

It’s all a huge fiasco but it works pretty well.

fergal
    Free Member

I’m just an enthusiast who likes the challenge of riding bikes in the hills amongst other outdoor pursuits, when I do go to the tweed valley I like to set the bar quite high, this is why I ask about conditions, I can take it or leave it.

Obviously Enduro “racers” don’t have this luxury as it’s a life and death existential question and for the record I have no beef with enduro racing, happy trails.

BoardinBob

lucky7500

In response to the original question, I rode boner and feed the pony on Sunday (and marshalled at the bottom of boner at king & queen of the hill a couple of weeks back). Both were riding fantastically as far as I was concerned.
    Don’t know what the local weather has been like since then though – It’s torrential rain in the east of the borders at the moment.
    If you’re looking for feed the pony just turn left on the fireroad at the bottom of boner and you’ll come to the push up after a while.

fergal
    Free Member

Thanks for a straight answer and directions, have only fed the ponies once very enjoyable.

#enduroforlife

km79
    Free Member

Who named a trail boner? Do they no have stauners in the borders?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

Diane
    Free Member

It was named Boner by one of the guys who helped build it. He found some animal bones at the bottom of the trail whilst digging. He put the up on a bank near the end – not sure if they are still there.
    He has a sense of humour…….

Northwind

lucky7500 – Member

If you’re looking for feed the pony just turn left on the fireroad at the bottom of boner and you’ll come to the push up after a while.

And then push up FOREVER. Bloody fantastic trail but misery to get to

fergal
    Free Member

Help, Is there something wrong with me, I actually got more of a buzz cleaning the climb up to the top of Priesthope hill than the descending on Friday, it was the first time back since Dec.
    #reverseunduro

Ps. That push up was vertical bog last year, nearly lost a shoe!

lucky7500

And then push up FOREVER. Bloody fantastic trail but misery to get to

I can’t argue with that!!I was leaving it as a surprise for the op. 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

Actually I have done that push up twice! It would take more than a couple of hundred metres of pushing to bother me, my main hobby was Alpinism, once did a walk in to a climb that was 3000m of ascent in a day 😛

BoardinBob

Swoon

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Boner Golfy’ is closed to new replies.