Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bone conduction headphones
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I had a brief try of some of these today and I was quite impressed – acceptable sound quality but I could still hear everything going on around me.

Does anyone use them on the bike? I’m thinking they would be great for the commute, thoughts?

rocco

My wife bought me a pair when I was marathon training, found them brilliant. I can’t stand running without listening to music and these allowed me to still hear around me.

Haven’t tried them on the bike but can’t see why they would be any different, used to wear normal ear phones with either both in but music low or just one ear bud.

prawny

I had some ‘affordable’ ones from Amazon and they were good til they broke. I get very bored on my commute so found them good, but the wind noise drowns them out easily and they’re not great for wearing with hats/buffs etc in the winter.

If the proper ones last well I’d say go for it. Probably best paired with cat ears or similar to stop the wind noise.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have some aftershox ones for sale of you are interested?

flyingmonkeycorps

Thanks for the info guys.

@boris – might well be! What model are they and how much are you asking?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I have the aftershocks titanium, as a female they’re great for lone biking, and not as faffy as just one earbud. Great for on – road as well, as you can hear the metal engines of death around you 🙂

boriselbrus
    Free Member

They are the Sportz 2 model, bought for £50 and are immaculate in the case and with the box.

£25 posted would do it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Had a brief listen to some music I knew.

No bass or real top treble to speak of, like listening to a compressed noise playing through a tin can.

Horrible.

g5604
    Free Member

boriselbrus – what colour are they?

nathb
    Free Member

boriselbrus – might be interested in them in the OP isn’t!

I’ve just bought some cheap Amazon ones, kind of sounds like two small speakers in front of my ears with everyone around me being able to hear what I’m listening to.

Could I wear the more expensive ones in an office without the person next to me hearing it?

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’ve got the aftershox bluez 2s and quite like them for running and riding. For running I need to hear my breathing to regulate it and for riding it’s nice to know when I am likely to get run over…!
    NathB I wear mine in bed sometimes without any complaints from the other half. Haven’t maxed the volume out there though…!

DezB
    Free Member

I wear mine in bed sometimes without any complaints from the other half.

You old romantic you

flyingmonkeycorps

@boris – they’re the wired ones right? If so I’ll pass (though I reckon you might have another buyer!) just ‘cos I could really do with wireless ones.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

They are the wired ones and they are black.

Still available if anyone wants them.

nathb
    Free Member

If you’ll take £20 I’ll have them – thought they were the wireless versions.

Email in profile.

Ta

riddoch

the sound on the aftetshox titaniums I thought was surprisingly good.
    My only irritation is that when riding the wind noise prevents google voice recognition working and calls are a bit noisy. also the audio then seems to use a different mono low quality channel when it comes back in. you then have to switch them off and on again, not sure if it’s the phone or the headphones at fault though.

oomidamon

I use mine under my crash helmet on my motorbike. With earplugs in and the lid pushing them against my head the sound is great.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bone conduction headphones’ is closed to new replies.