Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bombing Lybia – Who is paying for it?
  • Harry_the_Spider

If the US, France, Britain, Canada and Denmark are enforcing a UN mandate with their actions over Lybia who is paying for it? Do the UN have central funds made available to those who are acting on their behalf?

Not trolling BTW… I’d just like to know.

ojom
    Free Member

Judging by our council tax bill i suspect it’s being siphoned off the water board and put into missiles.

j_me
    Free Member

There’s a use by date on the cruise missiles and the likes. Cheaper to use them in anger than to decommission them. So in some twisted way its probably saving the MOD money. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Is there a use by date and a best before date?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Read the title and thought it was “Bombing Labia – who pays?”. Thought STW was about to continue my education in all things weird and wonderful in the sexual department 😯

I’d assumed that we end up forking out for it, but it’s a good question and I’ll be interested to see if anyone knows with any great degree of certainty

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

ditch_jockey – I suppose that to some extent sneaking in and making a mess of labia overnight is already an RAF speciality

😉

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-473525/Sexsomniac-RAF-man-sobs-cleared-raping-girl-sleep.html

derek_starship
    Free Member

Judging by the state of the local roads, I suspect Salford City Council are paying for ours and Denmark’s bombs and petrol.

If they were bombing Labia, wouldn’t this be a middle east cunflict?

jon1973
    Free Member

From the DM article;

This defence was supported by his girlfriend, who told the court that he had fondled her in bed while asleep.

I didn’t realise that was a “condition”.

konabunny
    Free Member

It doesn’t have to be a condition – it’s an automatism argument, not a lack of criminal responsibility argument: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatism_(law)

kimbers

well a bit of googling tells me each tomahawk cruise missle costs between $600k and 1.2 million a pop

not sure hwo many weve fired so far but im guessing that means another 50 000 council workers need to be sacked

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/tomahawk-cruise-missiles-used-for-libya-assaultq/story-e6frfkui-1226024934986

Harry_the_Spider

“They’re effective, they’re reliable, they’re safe. And they don’t normally miss,” retired US general Wesley Clark, a former NATO military commander, told CNN.

Safe? Rather depends on whether you are giving or receiving.

Don’t normally miss! Awesome.

TooTall
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – have you been waiting 3.5 years to use that story or did you drag it up for another reason that I can’t quite fathom?

crazy-legs

Well if we’re all linking to stories, this one is much more amusing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bombing Lybia – Who is paying for it?’ is closed to new replies.