Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bolt through quick release.
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

Just wondering if there is any product on the market to convert a standard quick release rear hub to bolt-thru strength/stiffness? Just i want to use it with chaintugs on my jumpy bike and not sure if a qr would be up to it?

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

DT swiss make some that are supposedly super tight but that may only be for the front wheel. Can’t remember

singlespeedstu

DT Swiss RWS.

Or for a much cheaper option Halo do bolt up QR’s.

glenh
    Free Member

You could just use a threaded 9mmm axle and put nuts on the end, cheapo bike style…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I have the halo ones and theyre not much good to be honest, may just have to invest in a new hub.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i am buying a hope bolt up 10mm axle and a bolts in an attempt to stiffen up the rear end of my Prophet

scruff
    Free Member

I had a new rear Hope hub with thru axle and put a DT RWS in, it does stiffen up the frame a bit (but not much) and is less faff than a QR but expensive.

madoldlad
    Free Member

Only system I’m aware of is the DT RWS . One of my friends runs them, bolt up nice and tight and nice and simple but as Scruff says expensive, not sure howmuch stiffer it makes things though.

Link so you can have a look see….. 🙂 🙂

DT RWS Website

Swiftacular
    Free Member

well am currently running running 10mm bolt rear end on my transition, but changing rim for 32h(was 36h) so need a new hub. Have a 32 hole i could use but its qr, and have had issues with horizontal dropouts and qr in the past, especially on a bike due for a bit of punishment.

joe1983
    Free Member

I run DT Swiss RWS, went to fiddle the back wheel yesterday and the rear RWS had come very loose after only minimal riding. If I hadn’t of noticed it could have been nasty.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive got the dt rws system too as they came as standard on my new wheels . i upgraded as i wanted to stiffen up the front so got bigger wheels with rws. its certainly stiffer but dont know if its the bolt qr or the wheel making the difference . prob a bit of both i guess

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bolt through quick release.’ is closed to new replies.