Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Boiler repair – how much would you expect to pay.
  • younggeoff

Hi, just wondering how much you'd expect to pay for a combi boiler repair and service. Pressure relief valve went called plumber recommended by a friend who managed to sort everything out was a bit shocked at the price but never had to pay for this before so it may have been fair, I did tell him that I thought it was the pressure relief vale so he had to go and buy the part (about £7), total time was about 1 1/2hours that doesn't include how long it took to get the part.

fbk
    Free Member

We've just had someone out to replace the outlet fan in our combi boiler. 25 min job as he happened to have the right fan in his van (£75 + VAT for the fan). He's also coming back next week to replace the pressure gauge that hasn't worked since we moved in!

He reckoned the total price would be around £200. That's in mid Wales though 🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

Last time we had a plumber called out, it cost £80 an hour or part of plus parts. We were in rented accommodation so landlord paying. So it'd be about £170 for what you're saying probably. That was emergency call out not just a routine job, and in London, land of everything being expensive.

Joe

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ridethelakes
    Free Member

I recently got British Gas out for a repair. I don't have a contract with them so it was £165 one off cost with parts and labour included and work is guaranteed.

My repair man took 3 hours to fix it over 2 days and needed 3 spare parts so think I got a pretty good deal (-:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Boiler repair – how much would you expect to pay.’ is closed to new replies.