Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boiler and plumbing cover – who is worth checking out?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Is it worth it? Are they good with claims if you need the or try to wriggle out like travel insurance?

supremebean
    Free Member

Couldn’t believe one of my customers had been paying £400 a year for that nonsense. That was £1200 for 3 boiler services basically. Find a decent plumber with a good rep and relevant qualifications and use him when you need to is my advice.

dannybgoode

We used to have British Gas home care or whatever it’s called.

£14 p/m I think and included an annual service. Called them out a couple of times and they came out no problems and fixed the issues first time.

Doesn’t seem bad value given the inclusion of the service. You could of course stick the money down the back of the settee or whatever in case of emergencies but the bill could be bigger and sooner than you were expecting.

timba
    Free Member

We used British Gas for many years. They generally came the same day for repairs, no problems, and didn’t charge extra for public holidays, etc
    The problem was that they kept putting their prices up and eventually I bailed
    I now use a local family firm that charge around £60 (from memory) for a CH service.
    I know that public holiday work will cost me dear, and I hope that I won’t need that, but after three years of servicing and one repair I’ve spent the equivalent to one year with BG
    IMHO go for a company with more than one plumber in the hope that someone will always be available

TheBrick
    Free Member

Maintenance insurance is always going to be a waste of money if you can manage your money. It’s not like a terrible illness that may happen and may have massive costs. Boilers will fail so you will pay more by using an insurance company.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Boiler and plumbing cover – who is worth checking out?’ is closed to new replies.