Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 424 total)
  • Bogtrotters ride the Ben on a bank holiday!
  • fergal
    Free Member

Can’t believe what i am seeing here, am i the only one that thinks they are complete and utter morons.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m with you fergal

philfive
    Free Member

what’s the issue?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Could they have picked a better day ? Hardly responsible access . No wonder rhe english are banned from riding half their country side with acts like that.

Only way to ride the ben considerately is to be descending at first light

solarpowered
    Free Member

i’d say truley inspirational myself…. Wonderful!
    Why morons?

druidh
    Free Member

solarpowered – Member
    Why morons?

[quote]trail_rat – Member
    Hardly responsible access . No wonder rhe english are banned from riding half their country side with acts like that.

Only way to ride the ben considerately is to be descending at first light[/quote]

ton

i cant understand why you would want to ride down the busiest walking path in the uk.
    takes all sorts i suppose.

crikey
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that the Bogtrotters are fairly well known for not giving a shit about access issues, or any subsequent problems that may ensue.

As long as they had a good time, Eh?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just as insensitive as walkers violating the Ben on a BH I guess :o) Of course it should be reserved for the sheep…

matt_outandabout

i cant understand why you would want to ride down the busiest walking path in the uk.
    takes all sorts i suppose.

philfive
    Free Member

so morally it’s wrong but legally they are fine are we entering Jimmy carr tax avoidance territory here?

to be fair the descent looked shite anyways.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

when people say “sensitivity” they mean “appeasement”

druidh
    Free Member

philfive – Member
    so morally it’s wrong but legally they are fine

Access in Scotland is governed by the principle of responsibility.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well said druidh folk being morons will just see the laws of those that cannot abide by responsible access imposed on us scots.

ton

and a little also here……. also, how the heck can it be fun having to slow down and steer round all those folk?

philfive
    Free Member

They didn’t run anyone over, so that’s responsible. at the end of the day we should all be able to have access to all areas and aslong as people are polite and respectful then I see no issues.

philfive
    Free Member

I agree Ton it did look rubbish but if they enjoyed it then fine.

crikey
    Free Member

Told ya.

And as much as TJ is an immovable object, so is Simon.

lowey

SFB in sensational argumental return shocker.

Knew you wouldn’t be able to resist this thread Barnesy. 😀

billysugger
    Free Member

Like Olympic flame watching, can’t see the appeal but each to their own.

Might have a different opinion if they were caning it past people.

Was muted for me,maybe they added to their nesbitness with audio?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Could they have picked a better day ? Hardly responsible access . No wonder rhe english are banned from riding half their country side with acts like that.

Only way to ride the ben considerately is to be descending at first light

😳 oh so much to learn…. comments noted and taken on board

hilldodger
    Free Member

People passed safely and politely, riders looked pretty much in control and prepared to stop/dismount when needed.
    Not my cup of tea for a ride but can’t see a major problem really if you’re up there and get a spur of the moment urge, then why not…….

fergal
    Free Member

Simonfbarnes do you not see how ridiculous you guys look in the eyes of the public, while out enjoying yourselves en mass pony trekking on bicycles, you do not have the right to ride agressively at those thousands of tourists, youre chums were not riding responsibly, i ride bikes down mountains, it doesn’t give me the right to behave like an idiot.

Watch the whole video painfull that it is, they ride at people to make them move, saying thanks does not make this acceptable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As they said. Your access in Scotland is not a unqualified right. It is qualified by the need to be reasonable and this simply is not reasonable under the access code. Also in the few mins I saw they rode off the edge of the built path.

Ride the mountain if you want – but not on a busy bank holiday day and you should be giving way to pedestrians on narrow parts

Access rights extend to cycling. Cycling on hard surfaces, such as wide paths and tracks, causes few problems. On narrow routes, cycling may cause problems for other people, such as walkers and horse riders. If this occurs, dismount and walk until the path becomes suitable again. Do not endanger walkers and horse riders: give other users advance warning of your presence and give way to them on a narrow path. Take care not to alarm farm animals, horses and wildlife.

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/out-and-about/recreation-activities/cycling/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

when people say “sensitivity” they mean “appeasement”

No – something you clearly do not understand. co operation and sharing.

Access in Scotland is built around a consensus and sharing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

philfive – Member

so morally it’s wrong but legally they are fine

Legally wrong as well – once you fail to obey the code and its guidance you no longer are behaving responsibly so have lost your right of access

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

People passed safely and politely, riders looked pretty much in control and prepared to stop/dismount when needed.

Not good enough read the code. Far too close and fast, should be giving way to walkers and riding off the edge of the paths not on the built surface

philfive
    Free Member

but TJ i don’t believe they did. they were polite and respectful. I respect what you said above but it have seen much much worse on the trails.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was hoping to be outraged at seeing 50 boggies on one of their mass outings, but there only seem to be a couple of bikers, and as much drama as cycling through Fort William town centre on a Sunday morning. Have I watched the wrong video?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And as much as TJ is an immovable object, so is Simon.

honestly it had nothing whatever to do with me 🙂

No – something you clearly do not understand. co operation and sharing.

no, we sociopaths are weak on that – however, it seems a prima facie case of Bogtrotters sharing the mountain with walkers who mostly cooperatively cheered them on!

lipseal
    Free Member

How do you manage to get a 28 min video on utube?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the sort of anti-mountainbiking toss I’m reading here is a lot of the reason I abandoned the site to the fatuous armchair warriors who inhabit it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t care if you have seen worse – that is not acceptable. They should have been giving way to the walkers. In fact arguably they shouldn’t have been on the mountain at that time of that day at all.

Certainly to be riding at groups of people at the speeds some of those were and forcing them off the path is not on at all.

give other users advance warning of your presence and give way to them on a narrow path.

Our access is based on being responsible, to ride ben nevis on a busy day is not responsible, to fail to give way to a groups of walkers climbing a narrow path is not responsible

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to know you are as open to others’ viewpoints as ever Simon.

You’ve been missed.

crikey
    Free Member

Fellas, both Simon and TJ, I’d just agree to disagree if I were you. The internet might just break…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

SFB – yo mean people who want you to ride legally and reasonably?

The bogtrotters were being utter idiots on that vid and rightly condemmed

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Good to know you are as open to others’ viewpoints as ever Simon.

it’s mutual :o)

sefton
    Free Member

crisp anyone?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

TJ has already webdiagnosed me as a sociopath so it’s only due to “Care in the community” I’m even allowed out to bother the normal people…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 424 total)

The topic ‘Bogtrotters ride the Ben on a bank holiday!’ is closed to new replies.