Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • BODY DONORS channel 5 Mike and Diana
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2212395/111699225/body-donors#.Vgr8huGt3FA

Basicly a film that follows 2 lovely people Mike and Diana who are near death due to terminal illness and watch them as they plan their death and for both showing how they donate their bodies to Liverpool medical school for anatomical disection to train medical profesionals of the future.

A very well presented and filmed programe with real grace and respect for all concerned.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Haven’t watched the prog, but read a similar article a bit ago.

When I was a prospective med student, we toured the anatomy labs at Leeds Uni on an open day. Really weird experience seeing the bods carved up like a roast dinner.

Having met a few med students along the way, there are lots of urban myths about entrail necklaces and hands in shoeboxes for rag week / Halloween. In reality, I think the respect is drilled into all concerned from an early stage.

Still not sure I’d want to be a whole body donor though. I’m not religious, superstitious or even that squeamish. Happy to donate organs to help the living, but I’d like rest to be “tidied away” pretty quickly.

What the the surviving relatives make of it? Did they go and see pre/post dissection?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘BODY DONORS channel 5 Mike and Diana’ is closed to new replies.