Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Body armour suitable waterproof for uplift day in the wet?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

As its says really, I’m looking for a waterproof that will take my hard shell armour underneath that I can wear on an upcoming wet and windy uplift day. Do I just go with a cheaper pertex jacket (I already own a Paramo wind proof that I know fits over the armour, or see if I can get a clear PVC jacket (in XXL) or something else.
    I did think about wearing my standard waterproof under the hard armour but think I will end up just as wet or risk armour moving in a crash.
    What do the rest of STW wear outer layer wise on a filthy wet windy uplift day?

IA

I just wear whatever waterproof I have that fits over.

Normally it’d be an old raceface jacket that’s made of quite tough material and seems to take the crashes like a boss. Forget what model it is though or if they still make it.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Shuttle….I can’t find any online….the problem I have is I have big forearms without armour on and waterproofs I have will not go on over both 😆
    I’ve seen the Royal Racing Hope jacket but I ain’t splashing £100+ pounds for a few days a year (although when you add prescription goggle inserts/full face/hard armour what’s another £100 😆

mtbel
    Free Member

don’t bother.
    armour is restrictive enough without waterproofs too.
    just jetwash your kit afterwards to be kind to your washing machine.

Northwind

I’ve got a cheap crap raincoat from Aldi that works well over mine, I don’t find it restrictive-it’s loose enough- though it’s a wee bit flappy.

Doesn’t seem to make any real difference to sweatiness, I suppose I never wear it unless the weather’s properly crap so no wonder. It’s more for the waiting around and the uplift than for the riding, was very glad for it at glencoe.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve gone for a Fox Fluid Jacket cheap enough plus if I crash it’s not shredding a£100+ jacket. Hopefully in XXL my arms and armour should slip in to the sleeves after all they seem to fit MX riders with armour under their leathers……if not it will be on the classifieds 😆

kudos100
    Free Member

Paramo smock. The cut is baggy so it fits over armour nicely.

Only use it once in a blue moon though.

Colin-T

Light-weight motor-cycle rain suit.

I always find that the biggest problem is staying warm between runs on uplift days so the extra warmth of these makes them my choice.

tiredjohn

Gortex army surplus jacket from fleabay might be what you’re after, think I got mine for £30 ish (just don’t try and peddle in it, you may melt)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Good suggestions, if the Fox boils my blood I’ll switch to my param Fuera windproof and get damp!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Bin bag.
    You’ll look proper scary.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I actually thought of a wheelie bin liner as cheap option but thought it may flap about a bit 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Body armour suitable waterproof for uplift day in the wet?’ is closed to new replies.