Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Body Armour for Cracked Ribs
  • articularslinky
    Free Member

Hey There,
    We are taking a trip to Morzine in five weeks time and a week ago my husband cracked two of his ribs 🙁 fingers crossed he should be sufficiently healed to go by then however, can anyone recommend some good body armour that would offer a decent level of protection for the ribs. He is fairly broad and would usually wear a large in a normal T-Shirt.
    Many thanks in advance for any suggestions

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Five weeks should just do it.

He’s also got enough time to buy some body armour on line and return it for a replacement set if the first doesn’t fit.

An XL or L should do.

They’re adjustable to a certain extent too.

Buy it, try it, if it fits, keep it.

Chain Reaction always include a return slip for easy and free returns of items. Buy from them and at least the returns won’t cost anything other than a bit of cellotape and time to take to the “Collect +” drop off shop.

StuE
    Free Member

These claim to protect the ribs,not used one so can’t comment on how effective they are,most others seem to me to be based on an Mx roost protector which is not a lot of use on a mtb
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59939

andyl
    Free Member

just buy a selection from CRC as you are best comparing them side by side. Then send back the ones that are no good.

Plenty of rest for the next couple of weeks though as you can easily disturb the healing.

yunki
    Free Member

rib protection..?

I’ve bust my ribs a few times, and I reckon to get a decent level of protection you’re best off with something like this:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Body Armour for Cracked Ribs’ is closed to new replies.