• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hels.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boardwalk Empire (possible spoilers)
  • jon1973
    Free Member

just finished season 3 – great finale. Richard Harrow has got to be the best character ever.

BoardinBob

It tailed off for me and I’ve still not bothered with the final season. Agreed on Richard though. My main gripe was the introduction of way too many characters plus Steve Buscemi wasn’t convincing in the role. It could have been better IMHO.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

*spoiled for newbies* Once Buscemis nephew got bumped I preferred the New York storyline with Capone and the psycho ex DEA??? agent. The finale kind of sucked balls, it was a great show on the whole though.

neallyman
    Free Member

I thought it was great, including the ending. Best thing for me since Sopranos. If you’re into mob history since prohibition some of the subtle nods to real occurrences were a nice touch, for example in the opening cuts of the final episode lucky Luciano is seen sitting in the barbers chair having a trim. Not the particular fateful day for him but an ode to the future.

And yeah, Richard Harrow was superb – just keep watching…

chestrockwell

I thought it was great. It seemed like they missed a series between 4 and 5 but overall it was a very enjoyable program.

Favorite series was either 2 or 3. 8)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It was really good. I for one thought Steve Buscemi was excellent in the role.

My favourite characters were Chalkey White, c’mon it’s Omar, and Agent Van Alden.

hels
    Free Member

SPOILERS

I’m with Tom – after the “Did somebody order an Irishman ?” scene the whole thing lost it’s momentum. And such a waste of Kelly MacDonald, she was in about 3 scenes after that – all plotlines that went nowhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boardwalk Empire (possible spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.