Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Boardwalk Empire, the box set
  • Mounty_73

Just about to finish box set of the Soprano’s, is Boardwalk Empire worth a watch?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We like. Have watched first two seasons.

It’s not quite up to Sopranos, Wire, Breaking Bad but well worth a watch.

Also rate Treme and Deadwood.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You’ll find complete episodes online (somewhere like vodly), so why not take a few in and see if it’s to your liking. The first episode is quite garish from a grading point of view and some of the editing is rather dubious – it all has the feel of a pilot rather than first episode; but it settles down after a few episodes. The writing/story-line isn’t as strong as The Sopranos and it all still feels more cinematic, almost even to the point of being theatrical. It does have a few very, very good characters, made all the better by being portrayed by good actors. As I said, check out a few episodes and see…

prawny

Just finished season 3, it’s good. There are some great charachters especially in season 3. Taken me a while to trawl through though, it’s no Breaking Bad.

Just started watching The Wire I’d say Boardwalk Empire was more immediately entertaining, but i’m expecting The Wire to overtake it at some point from what I’ve read.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Boardwalk Empire, the box set’ is closed to new replies.