Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boardman hybrid – anyone ride one?
  • ElShalimo

looking at one for my wife for 2-3hr road rides and as a light tourer (for weekends away, coast to coast etc) as she won’t consider drop bars
    Any real world experiences with one?
    It looks like a good all-rounder

DrP

I’ve got a team hybrid – one of the old ones without carbon forks…
    Lovely bike – really rapid.
    I swapped out the tripe stem, and put different bar ends on it, but that was just for comfort/personal taste.

I’ve now given it to my dad, who can best be described as ‘sturdy’, so can vouch for the build strength too…!

Fits a disc rack and guards no issue.

DrP

ElShalimo

Thanks Dr P

lyrikal
    Free Member

Great wee bike to ride, I have the comp one and only criticism would be he alloy forks are a wee bit harsh, if I was getting another one I’d try the carbon fork one, I have cyclocross tyres on mine which really help add a bit of comfort.

Looks great too if you aren’t worried about brand snobbery. Roadies will look the other way when you meet them on the roads!!!

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Got the team hybrid ltd, dumped the flat bars for drops and BB7s. Great all purpose bike, does cross, commuting and road rides.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

looking at one for my wife for 2-3hr road rides and as a light tourer (for weekends away, coast to coast etc) as she won’t consider drop bars

To be fair, how many ladies hybrids do Boardman do?
    We see a fair few of them in the shop (because we can service them properly unlike Halfords) but we sell Treks….. Trek have a huge range of ladies hybrids at every price, and these days Boardman aren’t the value they were a couple of years ago.
    What’s your budget OP?
    Do you want light offroad capability? (Towpaths and forest roads etc)

Also look at Whyte if you want something nicer. The Malvern is a lovely bike.

PMK2060

i have the boardman hybrid team from 2009. Great bike which i use daily for commuting and the occasional longer ride at weekends.

I will eventually replace with a proper road bike but not made the move yet.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have the basic model from 2010. Only thing i have changed are the brakes – put some original Hope Mini’s on for the BB5’s that were on originally.
    Ive done the C2C on it, regular 60-100 mile rides on it and love riding it.
    Great bike for the money, fast enough for long distance routes and a wide spread of gears to get you up any hill.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, I have the white ‘Comp’ model which they are currentyl knocking out for £499 – it is great, although I do agree with the comment above about the ally forks being a bit harsh, however I think being a 100KG porker probably doesn’t help.
    I reckon it was amazing value for money (even better as I bought it through C2W) and would recommend one to others.

steviecapt
    Free Member

i have the boardman team r, cracking bike light got mine down to just under 23lbs, has carbon forks, im 16st and have never had any problems, best rigid bike ive ever had, as for value, cant really be beaten, i got mine for £600 on special offer, also if u find you dont like a rigid bike then you can just replace the carbon forks for a suspension fork, i would fit bigger tyres though, ive got kenda small block 8s on mine, cheers steve

ElShalimo

PeterPoddy
    – budget is £400-£700 really but that will probably include, mudguards, putting wider tyres on and getting some Ergon grips
    – light off road ability would be good so forest roads etc but nowt too rough

any suggestions?

ElShalimo

Morning bump

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boardman hybrid – anyone ride one?’ is closed to new replies.