Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Boardman HTs: Are the Team and Pro the same frames?
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Eyeing up a cheapish hardtail, I know the pro gets rave reviews but it looks like the Team uses the same frame with a different paintjob, can anyone confirm this?

parkesie
    Free Member

From the descriptions they do have the same spec as far as butting goes and geometry.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I was under the impression that the pro was ~200g lighter than the team (which I have). Not sure why.

superfli
    Free Member

The FS pro has a triple butted frame and team has double butted, which is probably the same for the HT and would explain the weight saving.

andyl46
    Free Member

The frame’s description is the same for the two bikes on Boardman’s website, and there’s .7lb weight difference between the two bikes which could easily be explained by the lower grade components. It sames to have the same hydroforming on the frame and its different to the frames on the two cheaper bikes.

Ah well, I’ve bought it now… I wonder if the mrs will notice if I strip her Pro spec bits off and replace it with the team spec bits…? 😉

Thanks all.

andyl46
    Free Member

Confirmed by Boardman and my scales, they are indeed the same frame, different paint job. So there we have it. Thanks all.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Interesting. Halfords offered me a Team frame at £115 and a Pro frame at ~£300. I am glad a I bought the Team.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The team and Pro are the same, trust em I know someone who knows someone 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Boardman HTs: Are the Team and Pro the same frames?’ is closed to new replies.