Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boardman Full suss and heavier riders
  • iainc

I have a mate at work who is thinking of getting a Boardman Full Susser on the C2W scheme to compliment his HT and cross bikes. Problem is he is on a weight loss campaign, doing pretty well since he got into bikes a couple of years ago and has shed a fair chunk, but still around 18 stone, although he expects to be sub 16 stone this summer.

Question is, will the Boardman be too flexy (bearing in mind he has no other FS experience to measure against, only his Kona Hoss and Jake, will it break (unlikely and warrantied) and is there anything that would better fit thebill, as a sub £1000 full susser on the2W scheme (ot restricted to Halfords)

Thanks

iainc

anyone ?

clubber
    Free Member

It's fine – I tried my mate's one and I'm 16 stone. It's not ultra stiff but it's no noodle either.

iainc

thanks Clubber – my gut feeling is that he will be fine on it, particularly as he hasn't anything to compare it to.

iainc

last line of op should have read…

(Not restricted to Halfords)

🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

shed a fair chunk, but still around 18 stone,

bloody hell, how much did he weigh?

BillMC

'my gut feeling'… ho ho

Tiger6791

I've got one and I'm 16st and it's fine

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

They're actually pretty sturdy frames. It would be fine.

iainc

bloody hell, how much did he weigh?

The guy weighed about 22 stone a couple of years ago and felt he had to do something as getting into late 20's. He got a Kona Hoss on C2W and started riding a few times a week. He got totally hooked on it and then the following yr got a Kona Jake, again on C2W. He rides a few times a week, both on road and off. I am actually just back in from a wee 24 mile hilly road loop with him – he goes like **** on the way down !!!!

He's doing 10UTB in a quad this yr too, good on him !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Full suss and heavier riders’ is closed to new replies.