Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Boardman CX bikes
  • MrGreedy

Anyone got any experience of these? Considering one for winter training, summer bridleway exploring and so on (not racing cross, nor doing heavily loaded touring, but hopefully lots in between).

It also seems a bit odd that only one of the three models (the CX Team) is available in the UK – the CX Pro is probably the spec I’d prefer. Is there any reason for this strangeness, possible work-around, or any likelihood of it changing when next year’s models come out?

globalti
    Free Member

It’s a nice bike and well specced especially with that carbon fork. However lots of potential buyers are put off by the fact that you have to buy it from Halfrauds and the possibility of a warranty issue, then falling into the hands of Halfrauds staff who seldom shine in their competence. As for servicing…. I test rode one and it was a nice bike but if I had bought it I would never have considered putting it back into their hands.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Can you show us the warranty issues with Halfords? From what I’ve heard and seen they are ok. No worse than some of the ‘big brand’ players.

I think those Boardman CX’s are amazing value. You’d be stupid to get all snobby because it’s Halfords. You can always get it serviced somewhere else if you’re not capable of the basics.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neil853
    Free Member

I bought a cx pro about 2 1/2 years ago. I commuted on it for about 18-20 months racking up nearly 4000 miles, since then I’ve used it for more recreational stuff as I’ve moved closer to work. It’s been quite amazing actually, barely had any money spent on it from day one. I must be honest while I was commuting on it it was barely even cleaned and yet its still going pretty much perfectly.

It’s only been recently though that I’ve used it for more recreational stuff. There’s an old railway line/walkway near my parents, stretches for about 15 miles in either direction which it’s perfect for. I’m really pleased with mine. Haven’t had any warranty issues, to be honest if I did i’d just have to deal with the ‘Halfords aspect’ but I wouldn’t think they’d be any worse than some independants i’ve dealt with in the past.

DT78
    Free Member

neil – how did you get hold of the pro version? My understanding is it isn’t for sale in the uk?

neil853
    Free Member

Mine is a couple of years old, I bought it directly through the Halfords website.

Bream
    Free Member

I bought one last Sept, and with a 10% discount when bought on the net, absolutely fantastic value for money and a great ride to. I would have also prefered the Pro spec, but to be honest once you’re out rising everything works just as well. I plan to upgrade it as time goes by anyway as I buy new stuff for my road bike.

Just get over the brand association not being cool enough etc etc…

Great bike and ride for the money, would suit your need perfectly although I agree with globalti and would never give it back to Halfords to look after it, even if I could.

AlexSimon

In that bikeradar article on the Pro, they mention that a higher-spec model might arrive in the UK this spring. Can’t see any mention of it anywhere else though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Boardman CX bikes’ is closed to new replies.