Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Bmx'ers = idiots?
  • debaser

GW – It’s just one big hall, but I think the idea is that the bowl on the right hand side can be split off for lessons/beginners/private hire when required.

There’s loads more space than the Leith site, looks like the shop and cafe space should be excellent too.

Are there any photos of the Space layout or is it mid-build too?

GW
    Free Member

only seen vids of it, this one shows the size http://vimeo.com/25049691
    looks at least as big as the plan for transgression you’ve posted. I was in the Ben Sayers factory as a kid, it’s pretty big and thespace is to have a cafe, recording studio and softplay..

softplay and BMX = winner for me 😀

I’ll hopefully head over sometime in the next week or two

toys19
    Free Member

bmx is awesome. Lets face it the attraction of MTB is action, jumps corners etc, and bmx is that in its purest form. Its cycling distilled into its essence. The no lids or any of the rest of the crap is just missing the point.

GW
    Free Member

it’s not really “cycling” BMX is so much more than that ^^

toys19
    Free Member

it’s not really “cycling” BMX is so much more than that ^^

Well i might have undersold it, but you have to use the kind of language anti/non bmx people will understand……..

_tom_
    Free Member

Lets face it the attraction of MTB is action, jumps corners etc, and bmx is that in its purest form. Its cycling distilled into its essence.

Yep I agree. All this fun stuff is made so much easier on mtbs as well, each time I get on a bmx I get scared by how twitchy and steep it all feels 🙁

uphillcursing
    Free Member

So what does a middle aged man who has not ridden a BMX for 25 years look to buy? WOuld love to recapture my youth messing around but would want 2 brakes and no pegs.

Bought a 20″ trails bike as I thought this would scratch the itch and whilst it is fun the gearing is too low etc.etc Basically its not doing it for me.

xiphon
    Free Member

uphillcursing – I’ve just fallen back in love with BMX, after a 10yr break.

Found one bike with two brakes…. Haro 300.3

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/123440.html

uphillcursing
    Free Member

That looks like it would suit xiphon. Still the price is a bit hefty for what might end up a whim/middle age crisis/mistake. Of to scour filthbay for something….

xiphon
    Free Member

My 300.3’s arriving next week, ready to session the skatepark behind our house. Can’t wait!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Its along way to the nearest skate park for me. got to be >50 miles….

_tom_
    Free Member

uphillcursing if it were me I would be looking for something with a full cromo frame, fork and bar rather than the hi-ten on the Haro. I’ve seen hi-ten stuff snap on smooth skatepark ramps and it’s not pretty especially if it’s the forks or bars! 4130 cromo stuff is solid.

monkeyboyjc

at OP – its just another form of natural selection

kudos100
    Free Member

at OP – its just another form of natural selection

I think you are right, bit like the darwin awards. No offense to bmx’ers who wear helmets and ride a brake

OCB
    Free Member

Hmm, I feel a mid-life crisis purchase coming on.

flow
    Free Member

Why don’t you go and ride your bike and stop worrying about what other people do with their time?

kudos100
    Free Member

I can’t ride my bike, broken collar bone. I landed on my head, good job I was wearing a helmet eh? 😉

flow
    Free Member

For you maybe

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Hmmmm…. lots of tat on fithbay. Wethepeople seems to be THE brand but looking at their website only the top of the range ones have full CroMo frames and forks. Not exactly giving them away either!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Not to mention the stuff i remember from the 80’s is going for a ridiculous sums!

jedi

stw bmx session???

_tom_
    Free Member

top of the range ones have full CroMo frames and forks

hmm maybe hi-ten stuff has got better recently then? I’m sure when I was first into bmx you could get full cromo completes for about £500, but maybe it’s not as important now as it used to be..

Tony I’d be well up for a bmx session.. just give me at least a few months to get a bmx 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

mmm tempting but i have lost most of my skills.
    i played on my mates sons at the track grabbed some air did an old style table top in the air. Once there I then realised I lacked the skills to get it back 😳

GW
    Free Member

Tony, you bringing the BMX up with you?

jedi

yeah!!!

GW
    Free Member

cool! should get a chance to check out that new park next week 😀

jedi

radness!

nibby
    Free Member

Bloody typical. I could not afford one of these when I was a kid and I still cant!! 😕 😥

Haro Freestyler

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Bmx'ers = idiots?’ is closed to new replies.