Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BMX chain on the 'wrong' side. Why?
  • tthew

Whilst waiting for an arrival at Manchester Piccadilly yesterday, there was a small gang of the yoof pushing nice looking BMX’s through the concourse. A couple of them had the chainring and chain on the left hand side of the frame. I couldn’t think of any good reason for this, the obvious bad reason being that you need a non-standard freehub or sprocket with a ratchet that works the other way round.

Please enlighten me of the point in this please STW.

njee20
    Free Member

Preferred grinding direction – chain on the left means you can grind on the right.

falkirk-mark

Expected to grind the right side on rails etc??

reggiegasket
    Free Member

something to do with their trousers?

singlespeedstu

Some people hang to the left some people hang to the right.

mjsmke

So if my girlfriend has no chain does that mean we can grind anyway we like?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Only if you bump & grind

tthew

Preferred grinding direction – chain on the left means you can grind on the right.

[quote]Expected to grind the right side on rails etc??[/quote]Excellent. That’ll do.

Somewhat surprised I got the real answer before the STW standard replies, (which are always appreciated).

jedi

i have normal side but grind on same side. never got round to chnaging but i do use a rear hub protector

robdob
    Free Member

It was always odd for me as I preferred to grind on the LHS but aired right to left so I struggled doing 50:50’s on ramps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BMX chain on the 'wrong' side. Why?’ is closed to new replies.