Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • BMW X6, saturday night in Llanberis?
  • BlingBling
    Free Member

nedrapier, it's not even close to being the same thing.

Nobody is defending him, maybe they just have a different opinion to you?

racefaceec90

i think this'll beat anything on the road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zbMTxUCcig&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div if it doesn't blow up first. 😆

nedrapier

It's a bit close. the X6 has elements of different styles of car, and combines them in a way that doesn't allow those elements to be optimised.

And if there aren't posts defending the X6 driver, there are certainly plenty attacking the OP, which amounts to the same thing.

I posted because it seemed to me that the OP was laughing at the driver because they thought he had a bad car, but then was being flamed because people thought he was jealous of an expensive car.

Before you asked whether people liked your "parody" I wasn't sure whether you were attacking or defending the OP.

BlackDog
    Free Member

So you haven't drive one then nedrapier.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Does everythig in your life have to be so black and white?

miketually
    Free Member

Does everythig in your life have to be so black and white?

racist

iolo
    Free Member

I'm quite surprised the OP still has teeth left after verbally abusing an innocent bystander who happened to have a BMW.
    Go to Blaenau Ffestiniog tonight and call someone there a fanny.
    Who cares what the car was that kind of attitude will get you hurt.

BlingBling
    Free Member

I mean it's not like he bought a bike based solely on the type of metal the frame was made from regardless of it's ride qualities or suitability to his normal riding style now is it 😉

I mean that's jut so stupid nobody would ever do that 😉

nedrapier

ber-limey! I haven't driven one, they might be really nice for all I know. That doesn't really matter.

There are some criticisms about the concept of the X6. Some will say they are valid. Some of those people may be the kind of people who have a bit of fun at other people's expense.

It does not necessarily follow that they must be jealous of those with the funds to buy an X6.

But this thread has gone to 4 pages because some people assumed that it did.

I tend to be a shades of grey person, but I like to think that if there is black or white, I don't fill it in with whatever shade of grey I go looking for.

ski
    Free Member

wow tag overload!

Gary_M
    Free Member

But you can still laugh at him for choosing to spend a decent amount of money on something that does nothing particularly well except attract attention.

ber-limey! I haven't driven one, they might be really nice for all I know. That doesn't really matter.

Indeed, why let the facts get in the way of a poor argument.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm just trying to get a feel for what words are acceptable in tags.
    Sex wee, penis and cock appear to be ok, but spunk is a bit too spunky apparently 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I'm sure I saw spunk before spunky was in the tags before.

nedrapier

Indeed, why let the facts get in the way of a poor argument.

Why let the bulk of a post get in the way of you posting about the first line?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Olly – Member
    Hello to you, X6 owner, saturday night in llanberis.

as my cronies and i, alighted our respective vehicles, having been for a Stonking pizza and a pint, at the pizza and a pint pub on the….. west[?] end of llanberis, we wandered passed one of them there new fangled X6s

"how silly" i say

"i agree, its a jumped up 1 series surely?" says another

"i would like a car as awkward and uneconomical as a 4×4 please, but would like no bootspace whatsoever" cooed a third.

as said fellow pulled off, i also happened to remark "and an automatic too, what a fanny" (as it was one of those stickless waste of spaces)

we smiled to ourselves, however as he REVVVVED off down the road and flicked his angry fingers out the open window, we were forced to crease over with laughing.

oops, probably wouldnt have been so rude if we'de known his window was open.

tee hee!

……perhaps you had to be there? but thought i would share anyhoo

That is exactly the same kind of attitude the car drivers who throw bottles at cyclists have. We are better than you. We dont belong to your inner circle so we will abuse you types. Absolute gimps the lot of you. I wish it had been some local druggy gangster who proceeded to get out and 'put a cap in yer ass'.

Seriously, you have no right to complain when the next numptie takes a dislike to your wierd bike riding attire and throws a can of coke at you when he drives past in a puff of smoke.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well said TheLittlestHobo.

nedrapier referring to the x6 you said 'something that does nothing particularly well' then said 'I haven't driven one, they might be really nice for all I know' To me anything you said after those comments isn't worth reading.

miketually
    Free Member

That is exactly the same kind of attitude the car drivers who throw bottles at cyclists have. We are better than you. We dont belong to your inner circle so we will abuse you types. Absolute gimps the lot of you. I wish it had been some local druggy gangster who proceeded to get out and 'put a cap in yer ass'.

Are you saying an X6 is the kind of car that a drug dealer would drive?

Seriously, you have no right to complain when the next numptie takes a dislike to your wierd bike riding attire and throws a can of coke at you when he drives past in a puff of smoke.

That's assault, surely? Saying someone's car is a bit shit isn't quite the same.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm glad to see the silly distinction between banter and physical assault has finally been removed.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

miketually – I am not saying anything of the sort. I was giving that example as if it had been that way i can pretty much guarentte our beloved hero would have gone from the big man he thinks he is to a trembling snivelling little oik. Ok, i will change it to "I wish it had been some 6ft6 doctor who has just heard that his wife and kids have died in a horrific car accident involving a cyclist and who is also a body builder with a black belt and ex marine" Is that ok??

Yes it is assault Mike. But the mindset is the same. If i choose to abuse someone verbally without provocation i dont think i have much of a moral highground if someone throws abuse my way. Just because my level of abuse is different from theirs.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You did actually read the OP?
    You know the bit where they realised that the window was open?
    I.e the banter wasn't intended to be heard by anyone else.

ransos
    Free Member

I'm pleased to note that the littlesthobo hasn't lost his sense of perspective.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

And that condones abusing someone that they know sod all about other than what car he drives?

It harks of school yard bullying imo.

miketually
    Free Member

Yes it is assault Mike. But the mindset is the same. If i choose to abuse someone verbally without provocation i dont think i have much of a moral highground if someone throws abuse my way. Just because my level of abuse is different from theirs.

I have said nasty things about people in cars before. I shall remember not to report any assaults I may receive.

miketually
    Free Member

And that condones abusing someone that they know sod all about other than what car he drives?

It harks of school yard bullying imo.

Since when did banter with mates, about something that doesn't really matter, that is inadvertantly overheard, constitute abuse, assault or bullying?

Dobbo

Can someone update me. Is it a racist issue yet?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Then i will not include you in my imaginary list of hypocrits off this site miketually. I await your report from your hospital bed when you are recovering from your assault where you find yourself being able to understand why those people kicked seven shades of poo outta you for no reason. They just didnt understand you 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Rumour has it the X6 driver might have been a gypsy, or welsh.
    Or the littlest hobbo sells X6s for a living.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

not the worst looking car i've ever seen

kinda in the same vein except coupe style

you like what you like at the end of the day, and i wouldn't mind being able to blow 50K on a car – to be fair on the driver, sounds like you were being a bunch of pretencious cocks, its all very easy to take the pi55 out of BMW drivers, next time try to be more original

(for arguments sake, i drive a ten year old volvo estate and couldn't give a prize **** what anyone thinks of that, it's drier than a bicycle)

Dobbo

I like that top car, what is it?

Gary_M
    Free Member

What confused me most in the op was this comment as said fellow pulled off, i also happened to remark "and an automatic too, what a fanny" .

My mind boggles.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Since when did banter with mates, about something that doesn't really matter, that is inadvertantly overheard, constitute abuse, assault or bullying?

Calling someone a fanny. Dissing something that is obviously something the owner cares about etc etc. Yes i do class it as verbal abuse/bullying.

What do you call it? Banter? Is racism therefore banter between friends if they all have the same opinion or only racism if someone of ethnic origin overhears it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Dobbo, I think it's a Rover 200

Dobbo

Is racism therefore banter between friends if they all have the same opinion or only racism if someone of ethnic origin overhears it?

Yehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa, racism is finally in the thread. 😆 Mental, it took longer than expected but there it is in black and white.

BlingBling
    Free Member

best.thread.eva

IanMunro
    Free Member

Calling someone a fanny. Dissing something that is obviously something the owner cares about etc etc. Yes i do class it as verbal abuse/bullying.

Just for the record, for future reference so to speak.
    Could you confirm that you believe this driver was 'bullied' by these people, not that you think there could be formed some tenuous abstract argument about bullying, but that you believe he was genuinely bullied?

Dobbo

Dobbo, I think it's a Rover 200

The Rover 200 sure is a fine looking car, I'd be willing to pay up £40k possibly up to £49k for one of those beauties, no more mind.

miketually
    Free Member

What do you call it? Banter? Is racism therefore banter between friends if they all have the same opinion or only racism if someone of ethnic origin overhears it?

Taking the piss out of a car is now as bad as racism? I'm off to report Top Gear…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I think he was abused. He obviously wasnt happy at what they said so someone could deem it to be bullying. A group of people giving abuse to a single person.

Dobbo, rather than joke about the question try to answer it.

mcboo
    Free Member

I just know if I went to deepest Surrey or Cheshire they'd be loads of X6. In your face, unpratical, shouty. Me I'd buy a 7 seater X5 in a heartbeat if my wife could lift a kids bike on top. 3l diesel engine does plenty to the gallon and goes like the clappers. Whats not to like.

Smee
    Free Member

Too many small penises…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘BMW X6, saturday night in Llanberis?’ is closed to new replies.