Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • BMW near miss at 15 seconds
  • project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-7m1p8e-k[/video]

Why is it always a BMW,obviously he had the optional cyclist avoidance system, that almost didnt work.

B….y muppet w..ker

scaredypants

can you get his reg off the vid? – I’d send it to the police alter the vid to include a still with his plate in view

nonk
    Free Member

i hate that.
    i do i really hate that.

aP
    Free Member

Had a bloke in a Picasso come alongside and then help me into a car park in Bushy Park yesterday morning then a woman in a Fiat 500 come howling onto a roundabout in Hampton Court before finally screeching to a halt 10 ft over the stop line. Just a normal Sunday morning bike ride.
    Apparently it’s all fine though as I had a helmet on and apparently that protects me from all injuries.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, all too common I’m afraid. I hate that feeling as you’re aproaching a left turn and you can hear a car coming up quickly. Wondering if he’s going to try something knob-like like that or just drive past.

donsimon
    Free Member

“Idiot!” That’s some self control. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Breaking News: it’s not always a BMW.

timc
    Free Member

must mention BMW’s 🙄

same thing happened to me recently but it was a Renault, doesn’t have the same effect moaning about Renaults though 😈

brooess
    Free Member

out on a club ride on Saturday some guy cut in really early after overtaking. Hard to prove but my guess, and the guy at the front of the group agreed, was deliberate.
    Had the same on the way down Sydenham Hill yesterday. I was doing 30, so I wasn’t holding anyone up, and legally no-one could overtake, but still got overtaken and a pretty close cut in…
    Sometimes it feels like open season on cyclists out there. Some really psychotic behaviour… it’s quite frustrating not being able to do anything about it other than take your primary position (although that seems to create more anger, not less) and make your feelings known with rude (but futile) gestures re drivers’ sexual proclivities…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Timc and Darcy, well put!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hear it’s Volvos sometimes. 🙂

Never an Audi though. 😆

project
    Free Member

I just saw the headlights on the road coming at the side of me, and remember thinking weird beam pattern, i shouted “IDIOT” at him, or possibly a her, driving her boyfreinds car badly.

samuri
    Free Member

Or a Honda. All Honda drivers are superb. And have big wangas.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would it be more comfy if you were clipped by the passing wing mirror of a car if said mirror was heated? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

I used to always think it was the German three more than any other marque, and then I realised I cycle through Clifton (rich bit of Bristol) everyday which probably skewed my ‘findings’ somewhat. Turns out the knobbers that want to run you do are quite happy to do it in any old motor!

molgrips
    Free Member

It was an old Fiesta that did it to me. Driven by a middle aged woman.

warton
    Free Member

samuri – Member

I can’t agree with this enough. Especially the part about the wangas. Unless my wife’s driving.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Turns out the knobbers that want to run you do are quite happy to do it in any old motor!

This.

More likely to be a clapped out piece of shit with an exhaust the size of the Mersey Tunnel than a premium marque. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But then that doesn’t make as good a headline, does it Darcy? 🙂

scaredypants

(Hondas) I can’t agree with this enough. Especially the part about the wangas

Blimey, these blue-rinsed old dears are packing a surprise or two 😯
    The Honda Jazz is OFFICIALLY the world’s slowest car. Not sure why, I rented one once and it was pretty nippy but, Jeeesus, they get driven slowly. (suppose it could be the genital hypertrophy making it hard to press the pedals)

Hadge
    Free Member

So what does that make us cyclists who are also BMW drivers? I always give cyclists a wide berth as I wouldn’t want them scratching my paint with their cheap bikes pmsl

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRa8ZdUm0U[/video]

and

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZy_Pub985A&feature=related[/video]

both me on a bike.

Beufort Road is almost a contuinuation of Price Street.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

As both a cyclist and a BMW driver I think I’m suitably “qualified” to comment here… news flash there are just as many moron’s who drive every other type of car.

At the risk of starting an argument I put it down to a limited group of individuals with an inferiority complex over the type of car they drive and therefore make themselves feel better by calling all BMW drivers w**nkers and probably cast Mercedes drivers & similar makes with the same small minded brush.

scaredypants

[jezza]
    I must say project, unless it’s a trick of the angles you do seem to ride in the gutter
    [/jezza]

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Theres even maniacs in Clios…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTMVQcRxW8[/video]

scaredypants

– can’t help wondering why the biker didn’t start his footage until that point

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree project you do seem to ride in teh gutter – what supposed to happen in the second one?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m the exception to the rule. My driving is merely average.

timc
    Free Member

project you should get a 2 day ban for posting the most boring video ever

wwaswas

I’ve only watched HoratioHufnagel and now I want to slap the Clio driver – I thought the woman laughing probably had the best response, tbh.

MrSmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1rYlCpOnM[/video]

sobriety
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to be invisible to car drivers in general in January/February, or is it just me?

llama

project that first one – yes the driver is at fault, oh well

that second one – I’m not sure what you are expecting there – that they will not overtake you on double whites? errrm, get real, if it bothers you, choose another route.

can’t be bothered with the third one

some people drive badly SHOCKER

videoing your commute is wierd

project
    Free Member

Some people video gangs of lads running round a field and kicking a ball , or video cars driving like idiots , while the drivers wear giant romper suits, and then crash.

Some people like to watch commuting vids some dont.

LOL.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Filming your commute & posting bad driving on Youtube absolutely guarantees prosecution of the driver & will totally save everyone elses lives.

Fact!

Or, at the very least it can be posted on cycling forums in the hope that other cyclists are suitably outraged … works a bit like the Daily Mail

wwaswas

I see from the stw front page that the FC are investigating that one the bloke got pushed for upsettign the blokes cuttign trees down.

I might not always agree with with filming stuff but it does seem to get results that a strongly worded letter woudln’t.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You could have at least edited the first video a little bit. 5 mins of deeply uninteresting night road riding is not the best use of my limited time on this earth.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

I’m afraid its hard to take sides in the ‘i’m a lawyer’ video. I have no idea if the cyclist has done something wrong or not. Very suspicious theres no footage of the actual incident.

Sometimes being a cyclist is no excuse for being a bad road user.

alpin
    Free Member

those videos make me thankful that i don’t have to ride on UK roads…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘BMW near miss at 15 seconds’ is closed to new replies.