Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BMW 2013 1 series roof bars and the best MTB carrier please?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

i have a car on work scheme and replace it every 9 months, im sticking with a 1 series for a few years so would like roof bars for it and a MTB carrier that clamps the forks so it dont clamp the frame. i dont want the paint work rubbing off and i have seen the ones that you take the front wheel off and the forks are clamped to carrier.

cheers for any suggestions

toppers3933
    Free Member

thule. done.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Strangely, thule arent entirerly compatible with the bmw bars. bmw probably buy their oem bars from thule: I’d almost guarantee that they do, but mixing bars and bike holders isnt 1 for 1. They seem to deliberatly change the gap in the bmw bars. Sometimes theyll sell you longer bolts.

Im only chipping in as mixing isnt so simple.

Or go all thule. Or all bmw. Or ring roofbox.co.uk and they’ll know their onions.

chojin
    Free Member

I have a BMW branded/Thule bike rack for sale if you want it?

jacob46
    Free Member

chojin im interested if it will fit,

im waiting for the people who know the aftermarket companies who copy the likes of thule but are alot cheaper.

my number if you want to give us a call, cheer. 07590407467

unsponsored
    Free Member

BMW bars and thule bike carrier. You need a diff set of T bolts as the track on the BMW rack i wider.

remoterob
    Free Member

I’ve always used washers to space out the wider track. Death is probably imminent.

Flaperon

Jacob… I also have a set of BMW branded bars and the matching ProRide carrier. For the coupe, not sure if hatchback different sizes. In Aylesbury if you’re looking to collect, or can dump it anywhere between there and Manchester next week.

flange
    Free Member

Thule bars and carriers here – I wouldn’t use anything else. I’ve got two different carriers, one that clamps via the forks and one where you leave both wheels in and clamp via an ‘arm’ on the downtube

Between them I’ve carried all manner of bikes, ranging from carbon road bikes to my dh bike with 20mm through axle

Looked at the BMW bars but got a deal on the Thule ones from halfrds.

Oh and the customer service from Thule in the past has been brilliant.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BMW 2013 1 series roof bars and the best MTB carrier please?’ is closed to new replies.