Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Blurry icons
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is it just because I am on a retina screened Mac, or are the icons on the banner really blurry for anyone else?

The YouTube/STW ones seems to be the particularly fuzzy.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

nope fuzzy here. the text in the post is clear.. shgts

allthegear
    Free Member

They’re just standard resolution bitmap images so are likely to look a bit naff on a retina display. Ideally, that type of thing is done using svg or (not quite as good for a number of reasons) a custom icon font.

Rachel

johndoh
    Free Member

That^

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They’re just standard resolution bitmap images so are likely to look a bit naff on a retina display. Ideally, that type of thing is done using svg or (not quite as good for a number of reasons) a custom icon font.

Ah, thanks. I did wonder. Guess they will look bad on most mobiles as well then.

GrahamS

They are pretty blurry on my normal PC monitor – though I do view STW at 150% so that probably doesn’t help.

nickjb
    Free Member

Absolutely crisp and in 3D for me. And animated. Pay for the P and you too can have this service 😈

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’d like to believe you, Nick. But Graham’s experience suggests otherwise 😈

GrahamS

I’m not actually a Premier member – I’m just called PGrahamS

nickjb
    Free Member

He’s just been signed out, as happens automatically every 3 hours. Its a feature.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m not actually a Premier member – I’m just called PGrahamS

Ahh. So you’re the infamous PG Rahams.

He’s just been signed out, as happens automatically every 3 hours. Its a feature.

I was of the understanding that this never happens to the admin/mods, so doesn’t exist?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Blurry icons’ is closed to new replies.