Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Blur LT2 owners
  • m_t_b
    Free Member

I am playing around with the pressure in my rear RP23 shock as I think I have been running it too low, or it has now broken in, it just seems too slack. For comparison can someone let me know what pressure they are running I know its horses for courses but I just want to get a rough idea. I am 13.5 stone and running at 160 psi with about 33% sag, I regularly blow through all the travel.

craig1975
    Free Member

sounds about normal for an RP23 shock to me.. in saying that I'm a bit heaver than you, I'm around 16stone, the one i had on my VPP2 Tracer blow through the mid sroke and bottomed out quite a bit, this resulted in having to run the shock with lots more psi and in turn made the shock a lot more stiffer.. in the end i got well rid and replaced it with a manitou isx6.. obviously you cant do that due to the isx6 being a 6" shock

grantway
    Free Member

I know where your coming from there I changed mine over to a Manitou isx6
    And left the RP23 in the drawer as a spare

jockhaggis
    Free Member

When you say blow through all the travel, is it bottoming out? If not they you may be just 'using' all the travel.

If it is bottoming out then I would try a few more psi as 33% sag sounds like too much. SC website quotes 15-18mm sag at 165psi, try increasing the pressure in 5psi intervals and see how it feels.

If you can't get it right give TF Tuned a phone, they apparently do amazing things with custom tuning or PUSH.

leonthepro
    Free Member

I am running mine at 135 with rebound speed two clicks off fast at 12 stone on my BLT2. I found at 130 and slower rebound it was using all the travel a lot of the time and bottoming out occasional.

hora
    Free Member

OP I spoke to Jungle about this. Its a known 'issue'. Call Mojo and explain- they can retune or it could just be a service issue.

GaryLake
    Free Member

What Jock said.

hora
    Free Member

I know what the OP means – mine feels 'slushy'. Its not extra psi- I run c250psi (Im 220lb's).

Speak to Mojo- no offence to TF but Mojo also know Fox shocks very well and know the fix.

m_t_b
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, the shock is blowing through all the travel on a regular basis at 160 psi and often sag is 33% and more when Im riding. I have done an aircan service as there has been some weird noises coming from the shock, a wheezing noise Im wondering if it is just breaking in as I have only done about 30 hours or so on it.
    I have now increased the pressure to 180 in increments but it still feels crap and has too much sag for the volume of air in it.
    I think I am going to get on to mojo or tft, when you say it is a known issue what were you referring to the pressure vs sag problem?
    My 2009 RP23 felt much better than this.

hora
    Free Member

My 2009 RP23

Ditto- Mojo said it would be different seals to cure this problem. Just say your shock is faulty (in a way it is) so Mojo will repair under warranty.

mmannerr

slushy sound + blowing through travel = problems in the damping (the piston has leaked so gas and oil have mixed) and no amount of air can servicing will help with this.
    Send the shock for service, full rebuild is needed to fix this.

pastcaring
    Free Member

Search mtbr turner forum for the dcg rp23 mod. Helps with the bottoming issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT2 owners’ is closed to new replies.