Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bluetooth/RFID bike alarms – any out yet, and any good?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Ive been aware of numerous ‘smart’ alarms and/or locks being crowdfunded over the last couple of years but havent actually seen any reviews let alone any for sale. Anyone know different?

The background is that I have recently moved work and although I use a serious lock and chain to secure the bike an extra level of security would be good, especially as some of them promised to be good value.

My office is on the first floor and the bike hut is directly outside the office below me so should be well within Bluetooth range.

Most have “available for shipping 2014” which probably tells me all I need to know.

Cheers

stevious

The SeeSense Icon light has a bike alarm built into it via an app. It’s also a really good bike light to boot.

me1tdown
    Free Member

I’ve never understood the market for those products, would you just get a notification as your bike was stolen?
    As an alternative I have several of these. They are loud when agitated.

woody2000

If it’s below your office window, can you see it? Could you get a little WIFI camera to point out of the window so you can keep an eye on it? Those alarmed padlocks are good, I have a couple and they are loud enough to alert you.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

me1tdown – Member
    I’ve never understood the market for those products, would you just get a notification as your bike was stolen?
    As an alternative I have several of these. They are loud when agitated.

The bike is just outside but I dont have line of sight from the first floor, its locked up “properly” but obvs thats all relative and these Bluetooth (but non existent) things promised to come in at under 50 US making them worth a shot, if activated I can scream at them out of the window and/or call security

The locks look interesting though and would do the same thing, but how do you stop it going off when you unlock the bike yourself?

Cheers

woody2000

I can unlock mine carefully without setting them off, though if I drop the lock whilst unlocking then it will sound briefly. Mine self reset – if you leave them alone then they stop sounding, and they get louder if you continue to mess around with them (up to a point obviously).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth/RFID bike alarms – any out yet, and any good?’ is closed to new replies.