Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bluetooth speakers with connectors for cables, is there such a thing?
  • mcj78
    Free Member

Background – last couple of years my stereo (old-ish but decent-ish Cambridge cd & amp / Project turntable / Tannoy standmount speakers) have been living in the kitchen atop a big old dresser thing (not the speakers) but with new baby & associated accessories to accommodate, and a wife who’d rather the whole lot went up the loft* to be replaced by a bluetooth speaker thing run from the computer.

The amp/cd/turntable are kinda out of the way, so the speakers/stands are the thing(s) she hates with most passion thinks possibly take up too much room in a large & generally uncluttered kitchen (I even moved my bikes out of it…) so i’m wondering if there’s a middle ground of a bluetooth speaker system / unit that will also take cables from a stereo amp so I can keep the turntable etc, whilst not looking shit & not being horribly expensive?

I’m half resigned to getting shot of it all, but might as well ask in case i’m missing something, cheers!
    J

*flogged for buttons on gumtree

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My minijambox has a 3.5mm aux in

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

my cheapo T900 does have a 3.5 stereo jack and also can read a micro SD card

My more expensive Ruark radio will accept bluetooth and a 3.5 stereo jack.

you could use a tape out feed to either, I gueds a headphone jack output might be a bit high voltage? But IANAHiFi expert

mcj78
    Free Member

I’ve also looked at bluetooth receivers designed for streaming music from computers etc. to stereos – but not sure if there’s much in the way for “sending” a signal from the stereo (optical out?) to bluetooth transmitter… it’s giving me a headache already – it’ll be “up the loft” by 8pm 😆

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

no tape-out loop or pre-amp out?

Optical out can work fine btw – I have 2 TVs which have optical outs which get sent via cheapo DACs off amazon to old amps with analalogue inputs. That would work with a 3.5 jack inpur

I’d also be surprised if you couldn’t get sonething with an optical input…

stumpy01

Most have a 3.5mm ‘headphone’ jack input & you can buy phono to 3.5mm leads all over the place, so it should work fine.

Only issue I foresee is that I expect the 3.5mm jack input will automatically trump any Bluetooth input. I am not 100% sure on this, but it might mean that if you have the 3.5mm input permanently attached, you can’t then use the Bluetooth side of things. Perhaps not, but it would be worth checking on. Perhaps not a deal breaker; you’d just have to leave the cable unplugged & pop it in when you want to use the turntable.

DezB
    Free Member

Bluetooth active speakers, I think you’re after?

Like these –
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/tibo/plus-3/tibo-plus-3

Bluetooth, speaker cable, jack, optical..

gwaelod
    Free Member

isn’t a Sonos Connect for this..sending music from hifi to Sonos speakers? (disclaimer – I havent got any Sonos kit)

mcj78
    Free Member

Amp is an old Cambridge A500 – no optical out, so looks like my only other realistic option is to go for a pair of smaller speakers – Q Acoustic 3010 or the like & sit them next to the stereo instead of on stands & hook a bluetooth receiver to the amp

nedrapier

bluetooth receiver

or a chrome cast audio. I’ve got a couple of bluetooth receivers, unused since I got the chromecast audio pucks for each stereo: kitchen, bedroom, living room, glorified shed. Longer range, higher bitrate, connect to one, some or all fortunes around the house.

mcj78
    Free Member

Those Tibo speakers look like a decent option, had missed those! The Sonos route would work but is a bit spendy once you start adding speaker systems on top of the £350 Connect module – at least I have a couple of options I suppose, the old system isn’t on the scrapheap just yet!

DrP

You want q acoustic bt3 speakers!
    Brilliant…

DrP

mcj78
    Free Member

Another option – cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speakers with connectors for cables, is there such a thing?’ is closed to new replies.