Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bluetooth speaker for car
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Hi. Had a bit of a google, but masses of results.
    Want to find a speaker that my wife can listen to spotify with in the car. Older car, ok stereo, just no modern connectivity.

Anything out there? Got to be a fairly decent sound.

Ta

johnners
    Free Member

Don’t know what your budget is, but if the stereo’s got a 3.5mm input jack Ugreen do a bluetooth adapter for a tenner. Or an Anker A7908 is a decent portable speaker for under £30. Not tried using mine in a car though.

BigJohn

In my van I just stick a little Sony portable DAB radio on the front seat. Always get good reception, usually without even extending the antenna.

If I think about it, I connect it to my Minirig speaker which is a brilliant thing. That’s always the first thing in the suitcase (followed by the coffee pot) when we go on holiday. I think the Bluetooth Minirig (mine’s cable only) will also act as a handsfree.

The radio is an XRDS40 that cost £45. I used to use a super cheap Tesco special but they stop working after a while.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Get a bluetooth fm transmitter from Amazon. Bout a tenner.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Why not get a proper head unit with Bluetooth? You can get them starting from about £50.
    If it’s an old car then it’ll probably be a fairly simple swap out and you get the benefit of full car speakers and handsfree phone

Cougar

Good point, for the price of a “decent” BT speaker you’d be looking at that sort of money anyway (cf. JBL Flip)

DezB
    Free Member

Used my Jam “Heavy Metal” BT speaker in the lady friend’s Polo for trip to Bristol. Was actually so loud had to turn it down so we could talk!
    (If only it didn’t have the baddum badump! startup sound!)

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

The Jam looks like maybe a goer.

Looking at the other options.

Cassette adaptor – we not that old school, have a CD player!

iancity1
    Free Member

Bought a simple FM transmitter from Amazon, about £4 if I remember correctly. Connect one end of transmitter to cigarette lighter other to your phone. Find Spotify on your phone, press play, turn transmitter on hey presto spotify through the car speakers for under a fiver.

Quaklity is ok tbh. Drops out occasionally but its certainly listenable.

johnners
    Free Member

Shame about the cassette adapter, I remember those things used to work “surprisingly”* well.

As pointed out above though, another tenner on the price of the Jam would get you a Kenwood head unit with Bluetooth, USB and Aux inputs. Depending on your car you may need to add something for a wiring adapter though.

*if your expectations were suitably low that is.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speaker for car’ is closed to new replies.