Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bluetooth earphones for running
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Looking for some – anybody tried/got some? There’s a multitude of cheapos on Amazon, that all look like rebadged versions of each other. The thing that I wonder if it would become annoying, is the inline remote that hangs from one ear. It looks chunky on some and could become irritating if it swings whilst running. The ones where it’s all contained in the ear seems better, but some look like they’ll drop out too easily. There’s some denon ones that look like hearing aids but look like a good option too.

Help

andyfla
    Free Member

I have a set of the Plantronics BackBeat FIT bluetooth headphones – bloody awesome for running, biking, gym, etc really good sound – £58 on amazon at the moment

They have a band around the back of the head, it is very flexible so doesnt really bother me

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yeah, they’re on the shortlist. Do you notice the band around your neck? I wondered if it might get annoying – tapping your neck when running?

andyfla
    Free Member

it sits quite high so I only notice it if running with a hat on

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got some ‘Tec EVO’ ones bought for that purpose. Music is basically impossible to hear whilst running – the Bluetooth drops the connection on each stride so it’s all choppy. They’re great when not moving but that misses the point somewhat.

I suspect a lot of the cheap ones will be similar but I don’t know how you’d find out reliably.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Thanks – one to avoid then!

andyfla
    Free Member

I did have some CredDeal-BA88 ones from amazon firast- they got me into bluetooth headphones, worled fien for about 6 months and then broke – I got a full refund from amazon and put that towards my new ones

Had the Plantronics ones for 6 months – used 3/4 times per week in the gym and still runing as good as new

beej

Plantronics user here as well, I’ve only run in the gym using them but I think they’re great. The range is good enough that I’ve left my phone behind on the treadmill and wandered round the rest of the gym without any issues with the streaming.

Very sweat proof too – I use them mainly on the Wattbikes where I become the sweatiest man in the world.

MSP

I have beats powerbeats 2 and jabra ones. The beats ones are uncomfortable after a while can’t wear them for more than an hour. The jabra are more comfortable but seem to carry all the sound of movement straight into the ear, breathing, footfall and the swish of arm movement are all exaggerated and overbearing.

I end up returning to my bose sport wired, they are super comfortable an dthe sound quality is just right for sport. The disadvantage of the wire is less than the problems with the others.

M6TTF
    Free Member

The length of cable is the usual bugbear for me. One extreme or the other

sands
    Free Member

Mini 503

Just as a suggestion, earlier in the year I bought a pair of ‘Mini 503’ Bluetooth headphones.

Controls on the RH earpiece: vol up/down, track fwd/back, pause, answer the phone

Cheap – lightweight – ‘pair’ easily – reasonable sound – can still hear road noise – no dangly cables.

HTH

antigee

another plantronics vote – the buttons for volume and track are very easy to use

allfankledup

Please don’t complain* when a cyclist catches you up, rings bell, talks to get your attention, talks a bit louder as you may not have heard them, gives up and shouts – scaring the life out of the runner plugged into their music emitting device….

*am sure you aren’t likely to run around in a bubble, oblivious to all noise around you – as most of these folk are on my local cycling routes

antigee

[facebook]allfankledup – Member
    Please don’t complain* when a cyclist catches you up, rings bell, talks to get your attention, talks a bit louder as you may not have heard them, gives up and shouts – scaring the life out of the runner plugged into their music emitting device….

*am sure you aren’t likely to run around in a bubble, oblivious to all noise around you – as most of these folk are on my local cycling routes[/facebook]

good thing about bluetooth headphones is it is easy to turn them up real loud to get that extra boost you need when running up the DH’s 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth earphones for running’ is closed to new replies.