Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bluetooth device for a Home Denon system
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got an old Denon hifi at home, had it for about 10 years I guess.

Whilst walking through John Lewis I see the latest version of mine has iPad/iPhone compatibility feature.. When I asked the assistant about this, he said it was built in.
    Then, well then he said I could buy a bluetooth device that plugs into the back via one of the jack sockets and et’ voila I can link my iPhone to the hifi via bluetooth.

Question (because when I asked the guy for info on this, he couldn’t remember what it’s called) is this..
    What is this t’ing and can I buy one easily?

Muchly, ta

mikey74
    Free Member

Arcam do one, called the Blink, I believe. However, I use a wi-fi Apple Airport Express with my old Denon system, and it works brilliantly.

somouk
    Free Member

There are lots of bluetooth receivers about that can do that. It will normally just be a 3.5mm jack out from the receiver that you can then connect to your hifi on an aux in.

iainc

Chromecast audio is cheap and does the job very well

EDIT – not bluetooth, WIFI, so probably better for Spotify etc ?

Twodogs

Pure Jongo does Bluetooth and wifi…only £30 on Amazon

Twodogs

I should add that if you want to use the Jongo over WiFi you have to use the Pure app, which is not bad but not the best

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh excellent!

Thanks for the tips, very greatly appreciated.

Brought that Denon back to life this has.

DrP

Currys has the chromecast audio for £14

DrP

EDIT – pants, back to £30 now..sorry…

CraigW
    Free Member

Argos have the Chromecast Audio for £15.

DrP

After hard hunting, I can see Argos have the Chromecast Audio for £15.
    No thanks needed, it’s just what I’m here for…

DrP

Cletus

Jongo is less the £20 atm

Jongo bargain

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a new denon avr with all the bells and whistles. BT from the phone was okay but lagged badly on my laptop for some reason (blame the laptop tbh). Airplay from the iPad sounds a hell of a lot better and so does proper dlna from the server so I have just picked up a Chromecast audio to use instead of the BT. If you have a receiver and device that support aptx Bluetooth then it might be better but I would go for a WiFi option if you can.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth device for a Home Denon system’ is closed to new replies.